Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flynn, Dexter and Others.

Could I have some opinions on some names please? These are all (for one reason or another) names that never quite made the list for a first name. I'm definitely usually a fan of traditional, sturdy names for boys but am currently feeling somewhat uninspired by our current considerations.

Big sister is Amelie Clara.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Flynn
    Dexter
    Arthur
    Roman
    Caspian
    Ivor
    Oscar

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

My opinions,

Flynn - does not seem as classy as Amelie, somehow
    Dexter - like it, second choice
    Arthur - Love this name. I think it's fine to use two A names like this. This is my first choice
    Roman - goes well with Amelie, both seem names for americans who love Europe. I know a Roman and it wears well as a name
    Caspian - Don't use this unless you love CS Lewis or have reason to think about Caspian sea, third choice.
    Ivor - trying too hard to be manly, in my opinion.
    Oscar - 4th choice

Flynn - Kind of neutral on this. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Might be refreshing to see.
    Dexter - Really love this name, but I worry about the serial killer connection, especially if you're US based.
    Arthur - My absolute favorite of these names.
    Roman - Does nothing for me.
    Caspian - Cute, has a neat sound, but hard for me to envision applying to a baby.
    Ivor - NMS at all.
    Oscar - I feel about this much the same way I feel about Flynn.

I like your list quite a lot. Here are my thoughts on each name:
    Flynn- In general, I like this name quite a lot. It has a casual, laid-back kind of vibe to it that I appreciate. However, paired up next to Amelie I don't like it as much. Amelie has such an elegant, noble aire to it. Flynn just doesn't seem to mesh up well with it.
    Dexter- I really can't decide whether I like this name or not. The association to the TV serial killer is very strong in my mind. Besides that, it's a pretty solid name. Not one I'd choose myself, but I can see the attraction to it. Wish it had a more interesting meaning though.
    Arthur- I think this one matches up pretty well with Amelie, if you don't mind both names start with a letter 'A'. If you end up having a third kid, it might make you feel the need to keep up this 'A' tradition you'd be building for yourself.
    Roman- I think Roman and Amelie both a have cool "worldly" vibe to it. I like the sound of Roman quite a bit as a name, however it does very clearly seem to mean it's meaning (citizen of Rome), which seems a little strange for a name.
    Caspian- I think this is actually quite a stunning name. Also has the 'wordly' vibe, like Roman. It sounds very noble and somewhat regal, which matches up well with Amelie. I like it quite a bit. Cassian would be another cool option.
    Ivor- I'm not such a fan of this one, it sounds a little bit harsh to my ear.
    Oscar- In normal occasions I have mixed feelings about this name, I seem to go back and forth about whether I like it or not. But when paired with Amelie, in some ways this feels like the perfect match. It has the same kind of slightly formal (but in a good way) and friendly feel to it. Amelie and Oscar seem like natural siblings. This would probably be my number one choice for you, though on it's own Caspian may be my overall favorite from your list.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

I totally disagree with everyone's opinions of Flynn! Sorry guys... I feel Flynn is just as elegant and flowy and lovely as Amelie. I think Amelie & Flynn would be a gorgeous sibset (not that I care much for the pairing of names).

I feel Dexter is a very harsh sounding name and I am not a fan of it based on that. But if you like it, go for it
    Arthur - I don't mind it, but it doesn't jump out at me.
    Roman - Does nothing for me.
    Caspian - I much prefer Jasper or Casper... Sorry!
    Ivor - A little too harsh sounding for me, sorry... I feel so rude!
    Oscar - Love Oscar. Amelie & Oscar I think would be nice!

Some other suggestions are:
    Felix, Dominic, Ralph, Walter, Chester, Marlowe, Marley, Jasper, Dieter, Bailey, Kirk, Claude, Pierre, Marius, Laurence, Maurice.