Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soccer boy names

Anyone have some ideas on baby boys names relating to soccer or football.
    A few I have
    Beckham
    Jozy
    Donovan
    Christiano
    Rooney

Would like to see if anyone can add to this list. My husband loves soccer,I thought it might open his mind to other possibilities.

I love Donovan and Cristiano! I don't really follow soccer, don't really know anything about it, but I do really love the idea of a little Donovan or Cristiano. Cristiano's actually a huge GP of mine--I'm just not sure my future really-white children could pull it off, haha.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Wouldn't you want their first names? Lol. David, Wayne, Landon...

Anyway, I barely know where to start with this... Football is a global phenomenon. It's played in almost every country so there are literally thousands of names of sensational players to pick from. There are twenty teams jam packed with amazingly talented players in the English Premier League alone!

I think maybe I'll just look at the players from my own team, though that's still a lot. This is the main squad in order of shirt number of Liverpool FC (there are some repeats, way more Daniel's than I thought!):

Brad, Glen, Jose, Daniel, Luis, Steven, Philipe, Oussama, Jordan, Daniel, Sebastian, Stewart, Lucas, Jamie, Joe, Pepe (Jose), Fabio, Jesus, Raheem, Jonjo, Martin, Connor, Samed, Martin, Jon, Peter, Ryan, Stephen, Andre, Jerome, Jack, Adam, Danny, Andy, Daniel and Jay.

Our manager is called Brendan and the rest of the staff are:

Colin, Mike, Glen, Ryland, Chris, John, Zaf, Chris, Jordan, Paul, Sylvan, Lee, Graham, Barry, James, Alec, James, David, Paolo and Matt.

The most famous players from our current squad are probably Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher. Pepe Reina (our goalie) is also pretty highly ranked, he plays reserve goalie for Spain and has won the golden glove (for most clean sheets) a few times.
    Last edited by renrose; April 6th, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

You've combined two of my loves- baby names & soccer!

Not a fan of Beckham (the name, love the man!) but I really like the nn Becks/Bex.

I love the Spaniards and the Frenchies but I'll stick to more English-friendly names:
    Joseph- to get to the awesome nn Pep; could also be a full name for Jozy
    Xavier
    Ashley
    Shea
    Maurice
    Theo
    Rio
    Dempsey
    Karim
    Wilshire
    Lukas
    Robin

What about clubs?
    Everton- I love Ever and think this would be a more masculine/less hippie-ish way to get to it
    Ajax- it can be pronounced "ay-jacks" or "eye-ax"
    Lyon- can be "lee-own" or "lion"

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Blaise
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

Noooooooooooooo... WHY is Rooney a baby name?! I'm probably not much help as I detest football. I like the game and I slightly enjoy it at international level, but footballers -in the words of the great Bill Bailey- "are a bunch of vain, illiterate, millionaire, borderline rapists, whose job it is to shepherd a bit of leather into an outdoor cupboard". Just not keen on the players myself. Reckon I'll stick to cricket

I think perhaps a tenuous link is the best way to honour a love of football. Beckham, Rooney etc are a bit too fanatical IMO. Football-linked names include: Lionel, Bobby, David, Henry, Neville, George, Mario, Alonso, Diego, Owen, Alan, Teddy, Keane, Fernando, Didier, Bastian, Carlos, Thierry, Robin