Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

September Sibling

Hello dear Berries!

We are expecting our third bebe in early September, and since we're already halfway there (!) it's time for us to talk names (not that I ever really stopped...you understand). We most likely won't know gender until the day of. This bebe has two older sisters, Cora Adelaide nn Belle, short for Corabelle, and Vesper Irene nn Pippa/Pip and a last name that sounds an awful lot like "Owlett."

Girl names:
    Marin (Vesper's almost)
    Petra
    Josephine, nn Joss
    Eloise nn Eli
    Willa
    Ari
    Posey
    Verity (two seriously Latin V names in one family too much?)
    Freja (Cora's almost)
    I love all the French -ette names, though they clash something fierce with our last name.
    Strong possibility of a Greek mn in keeping with with Cora and Irene. Maybe Hero? Suggestions?

Boy names:
    Elias (the current favorite) nn Eli
    Asa
    Luca
    Joss
    Eh, boy names are hard for us.
    mn will most likely be Crossman after DH's grandfather.

We prefer names that are not super popular (neither Cora nor Adelaide were quie the movers they are now when we were picking five years ago) though some names we like enough we can look past their popularity (Elias, Josephine, Luca)

I'd love Berry thoughts or suggestions. Help me think of names I might be missing!

Owlett

I really like Josephine from your girls list. Belle, Pip and Joss are little girls I would love to meet! I also like Eloise and Petra.

Josephine Athina
    Josephine Ilaria
    Petra Eloise is pretty too.

All your boy names are great, though I think Luca is the best with your girls names. Rather than Joss, you could use Josiah or Joshua and use Joss as a nn, cause I love the 3 together but not Joss as a given name.

Cora, Vesper and Luca - Belle, Pip and Luca

Oh I like Josephine Athena! It's so lyrical. Thanks @bonnielyn!

And I agree with your thoughts on Joss as a given name, I'm just so taken with it. It's a traditional nn for Joseph, which I'm not overly fond of, nor most other Jos- names. Though Josiah has promise. And of course, Joss Crossman is a terrible thing to inflict on a baby

Luca is one of my favorites. My grandfather is Lucas, so a name honoring both sides of the family would be thoughtful. DH is not so impressed.

Other suggestions from this evening's research:
    Phaedra nn Faye
    Aurelia -- long a favorite, recently reminded
    Sylvie -- one of DH's favorites
    Gwyneth nn Gwen
    Elowen nn anything but Ellie, maybe Winnie, Wynn?

Bram
    Caspian -- Vesper cancels out Caspar and Jasper. Bummer.
    Wynn
    Otto

Wow, those are all over the place!

Love Bram (or Brahm) and Otto from your list also!

Hello over here in this forum Owlett!
    So, what I did not mention over in the girls forum is that Vesper has two brothers, Aaron and Alastair (we are due with number four in the fall). I didn't mention the boys names over their because it was more important that another girls name go along with Vesper and we knew we wouldn't pick anything that would clash too much with Aaron and Alastair--also Aaron is our eldest son's name from a strict family tradition and also a name I would NEVER have chosen to give to my son- so part of me feels like their names are already a little mismatched in style. Alastair and Vesper are much more our style. Also Vesper's middle name is Lissette.
    FYI, we are very drawn to "A" names for boys - we never wanted boys with all As but they do end up being our favorites (also my DH name is Arthur). So far our main picks for a boy are Augustine and Thaddeus (nn Tad)..other favorites are Emrys, Declan, Rafferty, Aristotle, Aquinas, Hugh, Caius, Caspian (DH says no way, ha!) and Rohan. His mn will be Xavier.
    Can't wait to hear back from you!