Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    @Eshelby -- Alastair and Lissette! Love, love! I feel like Cora and Vesper are mismatched, too -- but they will match because you picked them all (even Aaron, which is a very flexible name). I like Augustine and Hugh, too.

I noticed you prefer vowel sounds, so here are a few unusual names you might like that you may not have come across lately:
    Eponine -- she suffered a fate very similar to Vesper Lynn's
    Isadora
    Odessa -- similar to Odette and Otto
    Caledonia
    Isolde
    Theodosia

Odysseus
    Ulysses
    Cornelius
    Ephraim
    Leopold
    Casimir -- feels similar to Caspian
    Peregrin
    Eamon
    Ambrose
    Last edited by owlett; April 6th, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

Girl names:
    Marin - Unique. OK.
    Petra - I knew a petra and this was a really wearable name.
    Josephine, nn Joss - love Josephine, not a fan of Joss, but hey, nicknames are flexible
    Eloise nn Eli - Eli is a very popular boys name, and it has different "E" sound. Eloise is short enough to use on its own. (love the books)
    Willa - not my style, but you are looking for unique, so I think this is a good choice
    Ari - nice sound, but since your other daughters have longer names and nicknames, I'd imagine you want a longer form? search for "contains ari"
    Posey - perfect nn for Joesphine
    Verity (two seriously Latin V names in one family too much?) lovely name, but I say yes. Vesper and Verity are too matchy for me.
    Freja - OK
    I love all the French -ette names, though they clash something fierce with our last name. - What about Charlotte? I think it's ok with your last name, or even Juliette or Collette or Margaret. Maybe adding unnecessary tacked on -ette would be bad though.

Strong possibility of a Greek mn in keeping with with Cora and Irene. Maybe Hero? Suggestions?

Boy names:
    Elias (the current favorite) nn Eli. Great, but be advised this is very popular in my area, especially in churches because lots of Elijahs go by Eli.
    Asa
    Luca
    Joss - i think this is my favorit of your options for a boy.

Quote Originally Posted by owlett View Post
    @Eshelby -- Alastair and Lissette! Love, love! I feel like Cora and Vesper are mismatched, too -- but they will match because you picked them all (even Aaron, which is a very flexible name). I like Augustine and Hugh, too.

I noticed you prefer vowel sounds, so here are a few unusual names you might like that you may not have come across lately:
    Eponine -- she suffered a fate very similar to Vesper Lynn's
    Isadora
    Odessa -- similar to Odette and Otto
    Caledonia
    Isolde
    Theodosia

Odysseus
    Ulysses
    Cornelius
    Ephraim
    Leopold
    Casimir -- feels similar to Caspian
    Peregrin
    Eamon
    Ambrose
    Thanks for the suggestions. Les Mis is my husband's favorite book - Eponine was my favorite character -he disagrees and prefers Cosette (he suggested this for Vesper)- I really don't like Cosette in name or character so..no go. We have considered Isadora, Isolde, which we both do really like (but sometimes I just see "is old"- though I say EE-zold) and Odessa but just prefer Odette. Do really like Peregrine with Grin as nn. My DH loves Ambrose- you don't even know!- but all I see is Amber and Rose smushed together and it seems feminine to me. We like Eamon but Alastair's middle name is Edward and Eamon sounds too close to Aaron. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by eshelby; April 7th, 2013 at 07:51 AM.

Wow, a third already and Vesper isn't even one yet! Good luck! I think you've had some great suggestions - my favourites are Athena and Elias.
    cassia | vivian | flora
    peregrine | jolyon | arthur

Oh goodness @ Philomena! Thanks for the good luck wishes! I'm sure I'll need it as Vesper and this new baby will be much closer in age then I would prefer. However, since I don't know you at all, and I'm not sure where you are getting this information from, I'm sorry to inform you that it is, in fact, incorrect.

(Edit: Ok, so that freaked me out more than a bit. After more thought I assume you guessed at my daughter's age from when her birth announcement on this site was posted, which was actually months after her birth. However, in revisiting that post I realized I had included WAY more personal information then was prudent. I have since edited it and any other over-sharing I could find. So, thanks for the reminder!)
    Last edited by owlett; April 7th, 2013 at 05:59 PM.