Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I don't know if you hurt anyone in particular but you did hurt the integrity of the site. When I put together those Quarterly Reports of recent births, I take it on faith that they are real choices, and the readers do too. You can keep your 'real' account, but this is very disheartening. I hope it will inspire others to come forward and fess up so that we can keep things real.

This was a brave thing to do. I hope that your honesty will inspire other "fake" posters to come forward. There really is no need to pretend on this website; I know I am more than happy to welcome any name lover to this site, regardless of whether or not they're trying to name a baby/babies.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    This was a brave thing to do. I hope that your honesty will inspire other "fake" posters to come forward. There really is no need to pretend on this website; I know I am more than happy to welcome any name lover to this site, regardless of whether or not they're trying to name a baby/babies.

I agree. Everyone should be comfortable being themselves on here. You don't have to be having a baby or thinking about one soon to love names.
    Theodore Arthur

Honestly, I wish people wouldn't make a grand post announcing their lies. It just seems like more attention-seeking to me. I don't want to feel like an @ss for having taken someone's story seriously and suggested names only to find out they are thirteen or something. If you have a fake account, delete it and move on. Isn't making a post like this and asking for forgiveness just wasting more of the community's time?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Also, why in the hell would anyone lie about adopting a child? There are people out there with actual fertility issues, or who want to adopt for other, legitimate reasons. There are also thousands of children in foster care, orphanages, and institutions who desperately need parents. Making up stories about some fantasy domestic infant adoption just propagates the endemic, disastrous lie that there are a surplus of healthy infants in need of adoption and that the process is easy as pie. UGH. This really gets under my skin.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...