Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I saw this one on here the other day: Gwyneth vs. Gwenyth. I prefer the look of Gwyneth but prefer the sound of Gwenyth and the potential for the nn Gwen....
    Cora Esme Hazel Matilda Sylvie Thea Willa Zara
    Archer Emrys Jasper Julian Leo Rhys Sawyer Theo

I believe Gwyneth is the traditional spelling. I went to high school with a Gwyneth; she uses the full name professionally but everyone calls her Gwen. In my region, there is no difference in the sound of Gwyneth and Gwenyth.

I admit that I don't know if Peyton or Payton is "correct," but there are a ton of girls at this school with the name and just like I always had to ask Sarah's "With an h or without?", now I have to say "Payton with an a or an e?"

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    I also MUCH prefer Gillian over Jillian. The G makes seem elegant and fresh imo.
    My mother is name Gillian, so I've always thought the same haha. She's the only Gillian I know, but there is plenty of Jillian's around.

Some more names I like with a different spelling are;

Ariana, Arianna is much more common from where I live. I just like it with the one N.

Annabel instead of Annabelle. I used to prefer Annabelle but then it looked too frilly for me (I find Annabel a frilly name anyway).

I much prefer Louis to Lewis. Lewis is extremely popular where I live...There were 5 in my year at comprehensive school. There were also a few Lewys' too. I think it looks a bit better than Lewis.
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair

I love Katharine. Two a's. Like Katharine Hepburn. It and Catherine are about tied for me. I know its maybe a bit strange, but I don't like Katherine nearly as much as the others.

I like the h on Susannah, it looks lopsided without it, and at odds with other Biblical names like Hannah, Sarah, Leah, etc. Well, those h's are also debatable, but I prefer them, generally.

I do prefer the simpler Isabel/Annabel/Mirabel to -belle or -bella forms though, so I can appreciate simplicity at times.

Rosamund I definitely prefer to Rosamond.

I like Briar more than Brier.

I like both Reina and Raina more than Rayna or Reyna.

I'm perfectly alright with spelling deviations if the spelling is legitimate. And in some instances, I'm okay with trendy spellings. I have a friend with a daughter named Camryn, and I've actually grown to like that spelling a lot. I knew a girl in high school named Arika (Erica) and I always liked that spelling more. It just depends on how the name looks.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.