Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I saw this one on here the other day: Gwyneth vs. Gwenyth. I prefer the look of Gwyneth but prefer the sound of Gwenyth and the potential for the nn Gwen....
    Cora~Esme~Hazel~Sylvie~Thea
    Archer~Emmett~Ezra~Leo~Theo

I believe Gwyneth is the traditional spelling. I went to high school with a Gwyneth; she uses the full name professionally but everyone calls her Gwen. In my region, there is no difference in the sound of Gwyneth and Gwenyth.

I admit that I don't know if Peyton or Payton is "correct," but there are a ton of girls at this school with the name and just like I always had to ask Sarah's "With an h or without?", now I have to say "Payton with an a or an e?"

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    I also MUCH prefer Gillian over Jillian. The G makes seem elegant and fresh imo.
    My mother is name Gillian, so I've always thought the same haha. She's the only Gillian I know, but there is plenty of Jillian's around.

Some more names I like with a different spelling are;

Ariana, Arianna is much more common from where I live. I just like it with the one N.

Annabel instead of Annabelle. I used to prefer Annabelle but then it looked too frilly for me (I find Annabel a frilly name anyway).

I much prefer Louis to Lewis. Lewis is extremely popular where I live...There were 5 in my year at comprehensive school. There were also a few Lewys' too. I think it looks a bit better than Lewis.
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair

I love Katharine. Two a's. Like Katharine Hepburn. It and Catherine are about tied for me. I know its maybe a bit strange, but I don't like Katherine nearly as much as the others.

I like the h on Susannah, it looks lopsided without it, and at odds with other Biblical names like Hannah, Sarah, Leah, etc. Well, those h's are also debatable, but I prefer them, generally.

I do prefer the simpler Isabel/Annabel/Mirabel to -belle or -bella forms though, so I can appreciate simplicity at times.

Rosamund I definitely prefer to Rosamond.

I like Briar more than Brier.

I like both Reina and Raina more than Rayna or Reyna.

I'm perfectly alright with spelling deviations if the spelling is legitimate. And in some instances, I'm okay with trendy spellings. I have a friend with a daughter named Camryn, and I've actually grown to like that spelling a lot. I knew a girl in high school named Arika (Erica) and I always liked that spelling more. It just depends on how the name looks.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.