Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Spelling deviance

Do you have preferred spellings that go against board (or real-world) norms? What are they?

Here are some of mine:

Sibyl / Sibylla - I'm genuinely baffled by the almost universal preference toward y-then-i here. Is it a Downton Abbey thing? Or what?
    Isidora - I get that Isadora is much easier to pass off as an Isabella alternative, but Isidora's so much cleaner-looking!
    Susanna - I'm 99% certain that the more common spelling (on these boards, at least) is Susannah. But the 'h' is so superfluous and dull, you guys!
    Erika - This is my name and I am biased.
    Geoffrey - Not that people are really clamoring to use Jeffery on the board, but in real-world terms, Jeffrey is ranked in the 200s (in the US) and Geoffrey is ranked...not at all
    on my mind, for the moment

Daria | Athena | Ramona | Winifred | Maeve | Blythe | Nadine | Dorothea | Margot | Cyra | Renata | Hypatia | Junia | Thisbe

Flynn | Otto | Winston | Claude | Leif | Roald | Tavish | Lionel | Cormac | Tobin | Oswin | Rory | Damon | Tycho

Mildred "Red" ☆ Obedience "Bede" ☆ Relief "Leafy" ☆ Dorothea "Doro" ☆ Penelope "Pen" ☆ Ruth "Rue" ☆ Eudoxia "Exie"