Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Too many traditions!!!!

I thought my husband and I had decided on a name if this baby is a boy but now he I talking about yet another family tradition!!! For many generations all the men in his family have had 7 letter names for their first and middle names, plus the surname is 7 letters. Charles or Kennith is always the middle name, since my husband's middle name is Charles I was happy to use it but paired with Lawrence. Now my husband wants to stick with the whole tradition and have 7 letter first name too. I'm not keen on the idea but said I will think about it and see if I can find a name we both like. I'm not promising anything though.
    I really had my heart set on Lawrence, with Alexander as a close second. I do like Patrick, but an acquaintance used the name so it puts me off.

We can't use Timithy, Gregory, Gabriel, Anthony, Bradley or Matthew because they have already been used by other family members.

So suggestions for 7 letter names that go with Charles as the middle name?
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Lorenzo
    -o endings are all the rage these days, it's 7 letters and is an Italian form of Lawrence. What do you think?
    There's also Laurent, the French version.
    Alastar is the Irish version of Alexander (according to behindthename.com), Skender is the Albnian version, and Alister is a Scottish version.
    Last edited by lilysong; April 5th, 2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

I like Elliott but not sure about having an Elizabeth and an Elliott, do you think they are too similar? Plus I feel like it's misspelled.
    Everett and Garrett are both great but my husband isn't keen on either.
    I don't like Lorenzo, it feels very Italian and we're not Italian. I like Laraunt but my first thought was Twilight.
    Lachlan is out because it's my brothers middle name.
    This 7 letter business it hard!
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Lorence (not my favorite spelling, but went to high school with someone who spelled it this way)
    William
    Malcolm
    Cameron
    Bennett
    Spencer
    Phillip
    Zachary
    Dominic
    Bradley
    Maxwell
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~