Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Leopold?? Thoughts??

Hi all,

We are considering a lot of boys names for baby 2 but Leopold is always the one that springs to mind first when people ask what are we naming him/her. What are your thoughts on this name? Is it too old to actually use and is so, why? Would Leo be a better option? For those of you who saw my previous post in the baby names section, I think we may have nixed Isaac mainly because we have a daughter name Ivy and we don't really want to have to carry on the I theme if we decide to have more children!
    Mother to my little flower, Ivy Juliette ~ 12/02/11
    Awaiting on the arrival of either Beatrice Carlotta or Tobias George

Personally, I shy away from Leopold for the same reason as Isolde even though I love it: "old". Otherwise, it's classic and with the within-memory release of the movie Kate & Leopold, it may not seem too unusual to non-berries.
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

My son's middle name is Leopold, which my husband chose and which horrified me at the time, but we all have grown to love it. It's a distinguished unusual name that you never have to fear will get trendy, and it leads easily to Leo. I never even thought of the "old" thing before now -- and my son is 23!
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

If you want a longer name, I prefer Leonardo to Leopold. Hower, I love Leo and think it fits better with Ivy than Either longer version of the name.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Well, if you take look at my signiture, I think you'll see my thoughts on Leopold. In the end, we went with it in the middle, though we did toy with it up front too. I definitely think it's usable, since Leo is so accessible and well-liked, if for whatever reason Leopold became too much. However, we have had lots of fun and interesting comments about it.
    Last edited by mei_mei; April 5th, 2013 at 07:09 AM.
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.
    Little Sparkler coming next July.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103