Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I haaated it at first.

But the more I think about it... idk, it's actually growing on me. It's very easily feminised with Lin/Lyn as a nn, anyway.

Lincoln doesn't bother me. I don't like it, but I'm not offended by it - the same goes for hundreds of other names. The fact it's a surname isn't really relevant since it's not a name I like the sound of in the first place.

I don't like it for either gender, but I just think that surnames *should* be gender neutral. I know that they tend 'sound masculine' and everything, but it's purely opinion, like what exactly defines masculinity in a name? And what exactly defines femininity in a name? Surely 'Maeve' or 'Grace' could be argued to be very masculine sounding too, since everything is down to opinion.

I'll stop before I get all feminist-ranty on the concept of 'unisex' names.
    Last edited by oliviasarah; April 5th, 2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: sp
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

I'm going to start making threads entitled "Elizabeth. *eye roll*" and "Beatrice... Ugh." I'm starting to get slightly peeved that most people on this site can so blatantly make fun of and trash a name just because it's generally used on boys. I get it, it's not your style. But do you really have to make an entire thread just to trash a name because it doesn't fit your style criteria?
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

And to answer the original question, I like Lincoln on a girl. Link is a cool nickname for a boy or a girl. Maybe they are huge fans of Abraham Lincoln and wanted to honor him, maybe they are very patriotic and thought Lincoln Bell sounded awesome. Maybe it's a family name. Who knows.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I didn't realize Kristen Bell had a daughter - I assumed she had a baby boy and had the really cute idea of naming him Lincoln.

As far as gender benders go, I can think of prettier, more neutral names for a girl.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo.