Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Talking Names I've never heard/seen on an actual child...until today!

I work as a nanny for two small children who attend a private, university-affiliated school in Chicago. The neighborhood is made up of mostly professors and intellectuals, and many of the names I hear are quite lovely. Every year I wait excitedly for the school fundraiser book to come out so that I can flip through and read the names of all the children, looking for new inspirations for my ever-changing list. Today I came across several names that I've either never heard, or that I've never seen given to an actual child before.

Boys:

Dallan
    Calder
    Connell
    Baylor
    Macabee
    Casiel
    Berk
    Kepler
    Kendrick
    Sageus
    Odysseus

Girls:
    Xia
    Sygne
    Sonali
    Saskia
    Delphi
    Norie
    Ailani
    Zaria
    Smith
    Tessla
    Andrada
    Albonne
    Myla
    Hayla
    Hyla

Also, there are a ton of great unique and underused names in this book. I can't say that I love them all, but I can certainly appreciate most of them!

Boys:
    Declan, Sage, Callum, Grover, Indi, Jasper, Cedric, Arlo, Jude, Desmond, Oscar, Davis, Elbert, Horace, Arthur, Ellis, Syd, Lincoln, Andres, Keaton, Malcolm, Taig, Harys, Adler, Ramsey, Nelson, Otto, Leland, Wallace, Walden

Girls:
    Matilda, Ramona, Beatrice, Carys, Celia, Paloma, Mira, Aviva, Isis, Frances, Na'Ama, Amalia, Ariela, Estelle, Gray, Kai, Isolde, Elspeth, Paola, Uma, Chandler, Fionn, Isadora, Adele, Daphne, Elsa, Maeve, Esme, Helena, Anais, Ariadne, Freya, Regina, Berenice, Gladys

What do you think of these names? Favorites? What new names have you heard/seen recently?
    Favorites: Archer * Harrison * Simon
    Annabel * Celia * Mira * Caia

Proud mama to Simon Alexander, born July 24, 2014

I wonder if Kepler and Tessla are siblings?

bonnielyn: Nope, not siblings. But that would be fun! Lol
    Favorites: Archer * Harrison * Simon
    Annabel * Celia * Mira * Caia

Proud mama to Simon Alexander, born July 24, 2014

Wow, what a list! There are some great names in there! Especially like Calder and Odysseus for boys, would never be brave enough to use Odysseus but still cool. Thanks for sharing!

I do know a 2yo Calder in real life and several Kendricks, but that's it from your list. Berk (which I assumed would sound like Burke when pronounced in English) makes me laugh since it's awfully similar in sound to the French word meaning, roughly, "yuck."