Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Popular names in Washington state?

I was just curious about the names in Washington state since I'd like to move there someday.

I don't know if the state itself has a list, but here you can search the SSA's stats by state.

I lived in Seattle for a few years. The names in the non-Seattle area are the same as the rest of the Western US-- some rugged cowboy names, and the usual mix of trendy and classic.

In Seattle, the money is on the Eastside. That's where you find your yupster names.

In Seattle proper there are a lot of interesting, boho, tech/nerdy people, and the names reflect that.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Strixoniro, what part of WA are you interested in?

Blade, do you have any examples? I live in an upper-middle class area ripe with youngish families, but I don't surround myself with too many children. I think it'd be slightly creepy to lurk by the playgrounds without a child just for name scoping. I also try desperately to avoid the child fun zones in shopping centers due to shriek factor. I've met neighbor kids; nothing too outlandish.

These lists are compilated by the WA DOH and are the same as the regular SSA list. I see very little variation from national popularity.
    Girl: http://www.doh.wa.gov/portals/1/Docu...rthA6a2011.xls
    Boy: http://www.doh.wa.gov/portals/1/Docu...rthA6b2011.xls
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 04:17 PM.

I lived in Bellevue. I had friends with a Rory (boy) and Isobel (teen); Louisa, Dashiell, Emmett, Mohammed, Marco, Celia, & Claire.

In Seattle there is obviously a great deal of diversity. Lots of standard names which I won't bother to list; boho names like Sequoia, Ravenna, Sylvan, Django; names from multiple corners of the globe; teen mom names; African-American names; everything.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq