Names Searched Right Now:
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylou View Post
    I will admit trolls are the bane of nameberry forums, and most definitely discourage me for answering peoples questions - but personally the data shown is inconclusive, the population size is too small to hope to draw any comparative conclusions from... but was still an interesting read.
    Fakers actually encourage me to go out of my way to answer posts of people who are looking at names hypothetically and admit to it. I'm much more likely to respond to a post saying, "I'm 18 and interested in names. I was wondering what you think about X and Y for twins." Thanks!" as opposed to someone I suspect is faking despite having a believable story... or even someone who is "OMG IN LABOR HELP ME RIGHT NOW DO YOU LIKE X OR Y BETTER?!"

When you're on name forums long enough (I've been actively participating on various name forums for about 12 years), it's very easy to spot the fakers, and I tend to stay out of their way. I'd rather help someone who admits to not being pregnant (and isn't even thinking about becoming pregnant)... I guess because I can relate to that. My interest in names is not so much "baby names" as it is onomastics and etymology.
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iris, Maeve, Sela
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Gideon

This is a very interesting topic. I've always wondered about it, but I'm only here off & on. So, it's not a huge issue for me.

I would like to say, however, as an almost 29-year-old woman who did not start using the internet regularly until she was about 13/14, if this site had been around then (or if I had known about it), I would have made up things all the time! A friend of mine & I were constantly making up "families" and names for our 8...10...12 kids. lol We would pour through name books and other lists. And we loved it! But I definitely would not have taken it as far as lying about health complications and whatnot. That is pretty terrible.

I think that, as far as the young teens go, it's harmless. They're just imagining what it would be like to be a mother of a bazillion kids and what their names would be. But as for those idiots who get honest members emotionally-invested in their made up life problems, they should go somewhere else, like to therapy. They're messing with the point of this website. And they're diminishing its credibility. Not cool.
    Nicole

Searching for new names to love

I was a faker but im not now. I thought this was a sight for nerdy mothers, so i used this.
    Now I lOVE it! I have a passion for names just like the rest of you. I hope we can forgive and forget.
    Alex
    [SIZE=1]I'm liking this site :)
    [/SIZE][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Name crushes[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Girls: Evangeline, Annabella, Willow, Shiloh[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#0000FF"][/COLOR][COLOR="#FF0000"]Boys: Daniel, Ben, Joseph[/COLOR]

Mama to Mirielle and Annelise;)

I personally find it hilarious that blade has a whole fanbase. Does nobody stop to question the way she treats people or are we not speaking out because we're scared to get called out by her? I've been lurking for quite some time and, honestly, I'm absolutely fed up with her attitude. Blade-- do you really have nothing better to do then to put people down? I think someone has some serious self esteem issues if the only way she can justify her rudeness is by correcting grammar and people's English. It cracks me up how many loyal Internet buddies you've made! Again, do they really like you or are they scared?

You're pathetic.

Woman, thy name is sock puppet.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq