Names Searched Right Now:
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Very interesting and relevant thread, Blade. Thank you for taking your time to do it

I think the worst thing is that they don't seem to realise that their stories often are absolutely unreliable. I mean, why not be realistic if you feel a such need to make up fantasy families (or perhaps purchase Sims; I think that might be the easiest solution).

Quote Originally Posted by madi13 View Post
    Do you guys realize how rude and judgmental you are? This is cruel.
    This isn't even calling people out on it (except for jc54, but she was asking for it). It's not putting a list of user names out there. It's simply stating that there is a shocking amount of fakers on here, and I don't see anything cruel or rude about it. Maybe you can elaborate on how it is "rude"? Personally, I don't judge the fakers, mainly because I am fairly certain that there are some rather serious emotional issues behind a lot of these made-up children, and I don't really see anyone else judging.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien

Quote Originally Posted by madi13 View Post
    Just clarifying here, blade. You said that it's odd for a teenage girl to be a member on this site? I am a teenager and I'm obsessed with names. I am a member on this site to share my name list and get feedback. Can't you just ignore trolls posts? When you post saying you are a troll, you are doing what they call "feeding the trolls" which means you're encouraging them. They'll keep posting lies if you keep responding to it. And some people who you accuse of being trolls may not be trolling. People like you annoy me. You're on this site to accuse people of being trolls while I'm on here to offer name advice and seek feedback for my name list. Who has the time to analyze all of that? Aren't you a Sergeon or something? Don't you have a son to take care of? Stop obsessing over the trolls and start living (enjoying) life.
    Are you aware of the definition of odd? Because having say, 10 teenagers on a namesite doesn't mean it isn't odd.

And the fact that you'd bring a mother's parenting skills and child into an online argument that has no relevancy to a topic is just low, completely and utterly low. If I had a child and you used that crap on me I'd rip you a new one. I can't understand why you think that kind of behaviour is okay...
    You don't ever bring a mother's parenting or child into an argument that has nothing to do with either, ever.

Grow up and stop being so emotional over people calling out liars. It just makes it seem like you feel personally attacked, and therefore makes you look like one of the trolls.

And that leads me to another point:

The reason why I have such an issue with trolls is the obsessive lying factor.
    I find it so amusing that many of you say "Oh why does it matter? Just let them be, they aren't hurting anyone!"
    Hmm...no.
    If you met a woman in a store who lied and told you some elaborate story about how she had so and so children, with so and so names, and through out your interactions you realised parts weren't adding up, you wouldn't be offended or appalled? Really?

If it was your child on here fabricating children, and making up nonsense, you wouldn't be upset? Are you trying to say you wouldn't talk to them? You wouldn't correct them? Would you sincerely just "let them be"?

If it's acceptable for someone to lie, and for no good reason at that, online to people they don't know, is it also acceptable to lie to people you meet on the street? Is it fine to fabricate birth announcements in the newspapers? Is it fine to tell the woman at the bus stop in the next town over that one has 4 kids waiting at home named Ophelia, Genevieve, Austen, and Cordelia? Oh and they're all homeschooled.
    Or that they themselves are a triplet?

In my opinion, definitely not.

What gets to me, is that there are many other options besides lying which is what they're doing, and spinning tales.
    They can create a family sure! Go ahead, make and entire ideal future family, but state so in your signature. Post hypothetical situations in momberries for "research" or purely interests purposes, but don't lie.

Are we not above lying on an online forum? We're all members of an odd passion; names. I highly doubt we'd be judging someone with a more common passion; parenting.
    (I honestly don't even know if I used the ; properly...I was never actually taught how to use it.)

Lying on a name forum can easily turn into fabricating a whole life on a social network, or a more user interactive forum and that can lead to fabricating and lying in real life. (in my eyes.)

If one honestly thinks it's acceptable for people to lie in the ways I've listed above, then sincerely you need to sort out your priorities.
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by east93 View Post
    GAre we not above lying on an online forum? We're all members of an odd passion; names. I highly doubt we'd be judging someone with a more common passion; parenting.
    (I honestly don't even know if I used the ; properly...I was never actually taught how to use it.)
    You can use a semi colon to join two complete sentences into a single sentence providing that those sentences are related. For example:

'I stroked the velvet; the fabric was soft under my fingers.'

To find out if you've used one right simply exchange the semi colon for a full stop and see if each part still makes sense as a complete sentence.

In your case I think I would have used a : instead as 'parenting.' couldn't be a sentence in its own right I think I have a tendency to over use semicolons, lol.
    Last edited by renrose; April 5th, 2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: sleepy apostrophe where it should not have been :O
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    You can use a semi colon to join two complete sentences into a single sentence providing that those sentences are related. For example:

'I stroked the velvet; the fabric was soft under my fingers.'

To find out if you've used one right simply exchange the semi colon for a full stop and see if each part still makes sense as a complete sentence.

In your case I think I would have used a : instead as 'parenting.' couldn't be a sentence in it's own right
    I concur ;-)

She could've also used a hyphen.
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Thank you for this post Blade. I am SO sick of the fakers on this forum. What makes me especially sick is when they create huge dramas like "I'm pregnant with triplets... oh no wait one of them died..". It's disgusting and ruins the integrity of the entire forum. As soon as someone says they're expecting twins I give them a major side-eye and mostly won't even comment in their thread because they're probably fake.
    cassia | vivian | flora
    peregrine | jolyon | arthur