Names Searched Right Now:
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    So, in my ideal forum world, Blade would then send the links of these inconsistencies to the admins, admins could check it out and if those inconsistencies actually are there, jc54 would just be gone from the forum. No tolerance.

Buy bye now!
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    You know, my first thought upon reading this was "methinks the lady doth protest too much," but then a rational voice prevailed and said "no one who was herself lying would invite scrutiny in such a manner." but then I clicked on her posting history....

I'm on my iPad so can't do quotes or links, but oh boy. First she has three kids, then one and one on the way, then they all disappear. First her name is Jordan, then Jackie, then Jacqueline Claire. She's obsessed with the name Francine-- at first it was her brothers girlfriend but then-- wait for the troll trifecta-- it was a "beautiful 10year old girl I met when I was very very sick in the hospital." It's hilarious. Check it out before she deletes/edits it all into oblivion.
    I haven't read all 10 pages of this thread, but it's awesome. Freaking hilarious that a troll would accuse Blade of being a troll on a thread about faking posts. Fortunately, you can usually tell a faker by their vocabulary and the way they punctuate. Overly excited, lots of question marks and exclamation points, not capitalizing, just a general "juvenile" flair about them.

I was also one of those name obsessed 14 year olds, but I didn't know about name forums back then, I just hung out at the bookstore and read all the baby name books.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

When I first read her post, I thought jc54 was joking along the lines of "Ha, wouldn't it be funny if Blade turned out to be a troll?" when we all know she isn't. But, okay, maybe jc54 is a troll. I'm really bad at picking them!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    Oh, the painting of the mini's really is addicting and very fun! I didn't want to invest a ton on pewter ones (though I admit to buying my fair share - we used them to make our own Dragonstrike campaigns) so when I found a bunch of the plastic mini's from this Mage Knight game that never got popular for .50 each, I bought a bunch and have been spending time repainting those. I also have these ideas about building and painting terrain.....that could get obsessive, lol. I'll have to look into GW2 this week sometime!
    My boyfriend's buddy pulled out an entire box of them about a month or so ago and I've been "borrowing" them a few at a time to paint. Unfortunately, there aren't many females in the box, and the few I've found are the big breasted loincloth barbarian kind. Still fun to paint, but the female characters have come a long way since the late 80s/early 90s! I'd love to build an entire castle for my minis. I'm unabashedly obsessive with my hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Wow. This is so interesting! I was meant to go to bed two hours ago and instead I'm still reading, lol. And it was all going on when my HP website was just a baby.
    Sorry for keeping you up, haha! I too stayed up late for several nights in a row when I discovered it.

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynsarah View Post
    Have you ever watched Catfish on MTV (the TV show or the movie)? It’s so interesting and creepy to find out why the people on that show make up the lies that they do!

I never heard about this! I’ve also never read her books. Who did she plagiarize from???
    I watched a few episodes of the TV show but it seemed so staged. The movie may have also been staged, but I found it much better done regardless. I met my boyfriend online, and I have no idea how people can be fooled for so long. Some of them have been tricked for years. If my SO had strung me along for years at a time (hell even months) with excuses about broken webcams, no phone, or only sending a few pictures I'd have been too suspicious to continue.

As for CC, it's been a few years since I read up on it, but she plagiarized other fan-fic writers if I remember correctly, as well as a lot of other unsavory things. Google Cassandra Clare/Claire plagiarism and I'm sure you'll find lots to read!

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    Wow this thread has evolved since I first checked it out earlier today. From Sims (I used to LOVE the Sims) to GW to Cassandra Claire! This is hilarious....

Carry on....
    I wish there was an off-topic section.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    You know, my first thought upon reading this was "methinks the lady doth protest too much," but then a rational voice prevailed and said "no one who was herself lying would invite scrutiny in such a manner." but then I clicked on her posting history....

I'm on my iPad so can't do quotes or links, but oh boy. First she has three kids, then one and one on the way, then they all disappear. First her name is Jordan, then Jackie, then Jacqueline Claire. She's obsessed with the name Francine-- at first it was her brothers girlfriend but then-- wait for the troll trifecta-- it was a "beautiful 10year old girl I met when I was very very sick in the hospital." It's hilarious. Check it out before she deletes/edits it all into oblivion.
    Yikes. I checked it out because I thought "no freaking way." She also at one point said her name was Elizabeth. One time she's 22, another she was born in '82. I was born in '82; I wish I could still be 22! Her son turned into a daughter. I stopped then.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Winifred Snow ● Gwendolen Isabeau Fawn ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Polaris Fey

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    When I first read her post, I thought jc54 was joking along the lines of "Ha, wouldn't it be funny if Blade turned out to be a troll?" when we all know she isn't. But, okay, maybe jc54 is a troll. I'm really bad at picking them!
    Yes, when I first read her post I thought she was joking, then I saw blades reply and checked out her post history. Definitly not real. Still I never would of guessed.
    15 year old name lover, with a cat named Neville.
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9826126