Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Edgy Boy Names

Edgy Boy Names

We want an edgy name but nothing too "out-there."

What do you think of:

Liev
    Matteus/Matteas
    Evander (but we love Eva for a girl so we couldn't do both)
    Anders
    Aeneas (I wish there was a solution to make it not sound like ...you know)
    Amadeus
    Xander (it doesn't seem as edgy as it once did)
    Johan/Johannes
    Tanner (my maiden name, but it's a little too normal)

Re: Edgy Boy Names

As a start, I think all these names are excellent as edgy boys names! Many of them are truly unusual, but not unknown, and many have nicknames everybody should be familiar with which can be a really good thing! You've done an excellent job!!

Liev - I only think of this as the actor Liev Schreiber or Liv, the girl's name... I like the sound of it though, and wouldn't mind it on someone else's child - It's definitely edgy! ^^
    Matteus/Matteas - I love this one! It's beautifully vowel-rich, unusual and has a more familiar nickname! Everything to make a good name in my book ^^
    Evander - I see the problem with Eva and Evander, but I have to say that if you want edgy boy's names this one is a really good one... No harsh sounds, more familiar nickname, good history etc... Eva kind of pales in comparison to me..
    Anders - I love that you like this one! Being Norwegian I went to class with an Anders, but I think the name is infinitely better in English than Norwegian. Much like Magnus, which is a dread here but a joy in England or the US... ^^ A good choice in my book, although it kind of sounds like a chopped of version of Anderson. A bit incomplete, like Seren which many prefer as Serena... It's like a short story with a very abrupt ending... You're a bit taken by surprise at first, but after some time you realise that perhaps it was better that it ended that way... You just have to get over the initial puzzlement, and let the story live in you for a bit ^^
    Aeneas (- When I first saw this one, I loved it to and never thought of it sounding like, well, anus... That's one of the results of English not being my mother tongue ^^ I think if you pronounce it AY-ne-us you might avoid it, which is what I did, but there's no way to be safe...
    Amadeus - This one's so much fun! And the Mozart reference is awesome as well... A good edgy name, but maybe a bit feminine? Makes me think of Amanda...
    Xander - Is not as edgy any more, no, but the X is cool! I prefer Evander for the -ander part...
    Johan/Johannes - I prefer both of these over plain John, but they're a bit hard to say in a way that sounds right. This might be because of my being Norwegian again ^^ Johannes and Johan are the more common forms of John here, so saying them in English is very odd for me...
    Tanner - I like Tanner! I haven't thought of it before, but I think it's great! It is a bit tame compared to your other choices though... hmmm..

If I had to pick, I'd say Matteus, Evander and Anders are the best, with Amadeus right behind them ^^
    Good luck on your decision!
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Emerence + Eulalie + Everild + Flora + Helena + Leonor + Louisa + Nimue + Ophelia + Rosalind
    Balthasar + Edmund + Emmanuel + Emrys + Ignatius + Isidor + Leonidas + Oberon + Valentine

Want to help me with my lists?
    GIRLS
    BOYS

Bloom + Blythe + Evening + Mercy + Vesper + Briar + Boone + Forest + Hawthorn + Prosper

I love Anders, Matteus, and Xander. Also love Zander, Sandor, Matthias and Andreas.

From your list, I really love Evander and Matteas. I do think the X beginning of Xander is cool, but I know of many little Alexanders who go by Xander or Zander.

Some more you may like (or not) :-) :

Augustin
    Andre
    Callum
    Cassius
    Conrad
    Dashiell
    Dexter
    Donovan
    Davis
    Ellis
    Gideon