Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    I think that it's interesting you took the time to come up with these statistics. I think a lot of the time people think that making up white lies like say another baby on top of the one they're really carrying, will make them seem more special or maybe get better choices. Frankly, I don't think I would disclose how many children I were carrying on a forum. I mainly look up old forums about names I'm crushing on and lurk on the new ones.
    Theodore Arthur

I have to agree with oliviasarah; the trolls usually entertain me. But I have seen a few of those horrific fake death and rape stories, and to lie about something like that is just sick. I also felt the need to reply to a few people, so sorry if this is so long!

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    Why "obsess" over baby names? Most people find a barely post-pubescent girl's membership on this site to be odd, frankly.
    I’m not gonna lie…I have been obsessed with names ever since I can remember, and kept baby name lists probably since I was in Elementary school. So I don’t find it odd for a girl of any age over about twelve to be a member of this site. That being said, I’ve never made up a fake family online (that was why my best friend and I played “babies” when we were little!) but then again, I didn’t have internet access until I was fifteen. And by that age, I was mature enough not to mess with people I didn’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    LOL, I was totally one of those 14 year old girls with notebooks full of names and combos......

Somehow I never felt the need to make up babies. I saved that for my Harry Potter roleplay forum. ops:
    Sidenote: I should definitely join that forum! Haha Anyway, about your 65 year-old-man comment, that totally creeped me out and made me laugh at the same time because my dad is 65! I just pictured him typing up his response to someone’s request for help in naming (which he obviously wouldn’t do, but it was a funny image).

Oh, and to be even more off topic, since I noticed your comment about serial killers…do you watch Dexter?!?

Quote Originally Posted by tintri View Post
    I don't understand why people feel the need to waste their time creating make-believe lives, but I do know it's a very real phenomenon. A girl I went to high school with has been creating and maintaining multiple completely fake Facebook profiles for years. I honestly wonder sometimes if there are some sort of social or emotional issues behind all the pretending. Honestly, this is why I'm very leery and cautious about posting congrats on birth announcements. It has come to my attention that some have been fake, and that infuriates me to no end.
    Have you ever watched Catfish on MTV (the TV show or the movie)? It’s so interesting and creepy to find out why the people on that show make up the lies that they do!

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    You might want to check out the Cassandra Claire/Clare plagiarism saga, which is more exciting for the sole reason that CC got a real-life publishing contract on the strength of fanfiction that was heavily and extensively plagiarized from actual authors...and then, after her 'Mortal Intruments' series debuted, had all her fanfiction scrubbed from the internet. And she would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those meddling kids and their dog! -- except, wait, she totally got away with it and now her books are being made into a movie. Sigh.
    I never heard about this! I’ve also never read her books. Who did she plagiarize from???

Okay, that’s the end of my ridiculously long comment!
    Girls: Cordelia, Phoebe, Rose

Boys: Lucian, Alexander, Liam

Hmmmm........or can it be the ULTIMATE FAKER who presumes to have a two year old, but STILL has the time to "Do the MATH" and at the same time also LOVES these PATS on the BACK from all of these posters???

Quote Originally Posted by jc54 View Post
    Hmmmm........or can it be the ULTIMATE FAKER who presumes to have a two year old, but STILL has the time to "Do the MATH" and at the same time also LOVES these PATS on the BACK from all of these posters???
    As everyone knows, all people with two year olds lose their ability to do math. It's those darn pregnancy hormones.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by jc54 View Post
    I'm pretty sure blade's son just turned one. Just so everyone's facts are straight.

As for the rest of the thread, I'm no good with numbers so I'll just agree with everyone else, basically. The overly dramatic fakers (the ones claiming death, illness, rape, abuse etc) sicken me, the ones who are clearly pre-teens pretending to be a 28 year old with 8 kids 3 of which were adopted, just amuse me. You can usually tell. It doesn't really bother me unless they're actively disrupting the community, otherwise I don't judge a website based on how many fakers, perceived or real, there are.
    k♥m
    mid-20s. grad student at AU.
    Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Winston · Atlas · Milo