Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    I'd never heard of any of this so of course just spent time googling and wiki'ing. Can I say that I am highly amused that 'Cassandra Claire' looks *exactly* like how a woman who ran a Harry Potter fanfic website and has three cats should look?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    You might want to check out the Cassandra Claire/Clare plagiarism saga, which is more exciting for the sole reason that CC got a real-life publishing contract on the strength of fanfiction that was heavily and extensively plagiarized from actual authors...and then, after her 'Mortal Intruments' series debuted, had all her fanfiction scrubbed from the internet. And she would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those meddling kids and their dog! -- except, wait, she totally got away with it and now her books are being made into a movie. Sigh.
    Not sure is you know who Raymond E. Feist is, but he does not allow fanfiction of his work, either and it's always really, really bothered me. I actually saw Cassandra Clare for the first time the other day in the store and I was drawn to the cover but now I probably won't bother.

I think the whole fantasy life is just odd. Perhaps it's because I grew up with books and video games to support creativity. At least, in terms of creating characters and a magical world. I suppose inventing a life for ones self is the new creating fictional characters. Could it be because it's free to do so? One video game could cost a hefty amount especially if new. Not to mention if it's an MMO then theirs the possibility of having a monthly fee to play the game on top of the initial cost. Could the economic decline perpetuate the amount of trolls on forums?

I've learned not to become overly invested in anyone's "story", especially if seemingly tragic. I find the whole over sharing to be incredibly odd on a naming forum.

All in all, the whole faker thing doesn't bother me anymore. I basically assume everyone is faking, so when it turns out they aren't I can be pleasantly surprised.

Plus isn't it obvious when it goes a little something like this:
    "Hi yall! Like OMG, this day has been a long time coming. My names Mackenzie, I'm 16 and expecting quintuplets with my handsome boyfriend, Porter. Porter is 27, but the age difference just bonds us together more since neither his or my family supports our love. Like Romeo and Juliet! We've been going through a real heck of a time trying to come up with names for our little ones. So if you were me, what would you name our three little ones? TIA!"

"URGENT UPDATE: OMG my water just broke. This is officially a naming emergency!!!!"
    Last edited by bre; April 4th, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I'd never heard of any of this so of course just spent time googling and wiki'ing. Can I say that I am highly amused that 'Cassandra Claire' looks *exactly* like how a woman who ran a Harry Potter fanfic website and has three cats should look?
    I was going to tell you that I was very proud of my HP roleplaying forum back in the day....then I googled this woman and I can't even deny it she is the epitome of the stereotypical fanfiction nerd, it is quite terrifying. >_<

So I have come to the conclusion that perhaps Sims could be a legit form of therapy for these people?