Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    This is so interesting - maths and trolls and names Although one thing I'm curious about - how exactly did you come up with the 99% female stat? I knew the male percentage was pretty low, but I'd expect it to be more than 1%.

Honestly, trolls don't bother me a whole lot. If anything, I enjoy their entertainment. Although the ones who are persistent really *do* irritate me... remember that poster who had 10 kids (all named in her signature with font size 28 rainbow writing), naturally, the youngest 4 were adopted from across Africa and Asia, and the oldest few would always 'log into her account' and post crap everywhere. And she had a photo album of random children she'd found online - that's where it got creepy, but most where of her 13yo 'daughter', surprise surprise.
    Most saw straight though it but she just wouldn't stop. I don't remember Nameberry actually doing anything about it either.

I hate to admit this, but I find it pretty easy to spot teenage/pre-teen trolls, because I was once one myself. Never on Nameberry, but when I was about 12, I'd invent different sibsets on various parenting websites. I guess I'm just a very maternal person, and with the Internet the children I was planning to name in notebooks, could in some ways become real. At the time I thought my personas were fool-proof, but in retrospect I laugh to myself at how obvious it must have been.
    For that reason I never question the motives of trolls like that, I just assume they're like I was - young, bored and dreaming of their future. I normally make a small, sarcastic comment to alert others who might have fallen for it, or just ignore them, because I was that person once, and all they're doing is having fun.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Also, I think another red flag to a faker is when they're considering a name that's obviously way too similar to their current kids name.

For the real serious fake lives addicts: there is a decent amount of subclinical personality pathology, imo. Both the delight & joy they take in fooling others, and the 'splitting' and desire for complete self re-invention.

@oliviasarah: I always find it very interesting when admitted/past fakers discuss their motivations. I think you're right, for the most part it's harmless younger girls wishing they were in the next stages of their life. It often doesn't need to be anything too deep: one woman whom we called out admitted she'd heard a weird name on the playground and created an internet persona around a mother with 8 children, one of them with the weird name, to see if everyone else agreed that the name was horrid. Simple as that.

@redwoodfey I tried to read the Ms.Scribe saga but only made it a few thousand words in before getting bogged down and bored. I actually thought she was clever, though very transparent, and should go into social marketing since she's pretty genius at viral self-promotion.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by berry2 View Post
    Also, I think another red flag to a faker is when they're considering a name that's obviously way too similar to their current kids name.
    This is my favorite. I love it when they have "name lists" or "polls" created on other baby name sites with their supposedly existing children's names up for consideration. It's painfully obvious they picked their favorite two-three and suddenly breathed children into life.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    I've never tried GW's, we recently quit WoW, though, after quite a long run. (This last expansion is just awful for people who don't have 40 hours a week to dedicate to just farming gear), the new Neverwinter Nights MMO is coming into open beta on April 30th and I am SO stoked! I am a DnD fan, we don't really have a group to DnD with but I'm just a huge fan of the whole thing. (We DO play Dragonstrike with each other, though, like giant nerds). I had the same experience when I started playing WoW - I got to use names I loved and I once made a list of all the variations of trendy names I saw on other people's toons. (The sheer number of Madysin's and Jayden's is appalling, lol).

I never thought of Munchausen's, but it totally makes sense to me.
    I just switched from WoW to GW2. I played WoW since beta! I even met my SO on WoW, 7? 8? years ago. I'll always have a special place in my heart for Azeroth, but I think I'm finally done. GW2 is taking some getting used to, but so far I really like it. The character selection is pretty damn cool if nothing else! Plus it's F2P, no more monthly subscription, yay! I got to play a demo of Neverwinter last summer at PAX Prime in Seattle. It was fun, I'm sure you'll like it. We play DnD tonight! I just started playing this past winter and it's been a lot of fun. I'm playing a bard, and even got to compose some ballads and limericks. We should be finishing up our campaign tonight.

In naming news, I named my engineer on GW2 Hypatia Sabine Rose. I am so in love with her.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander