Names Searched Right Now:

Place names heard recently

I really like place names. I was at the doctors a couple days ago and heard two that I've never seen off the page. Salem and Berkley. I would normally not like Salem (makes me think of a cat's name), but somehow seeing a young woman answer to it, it worked. It really suited her and sounded pretty. Berkley was another story. Seeing the name in action I got the feeling that her parents thought they were giving birth to a sitcom character.

Heard any good or unusual place names lately? Have any favorites?

Glad you asked because lately I've heard Holland. I met an adorable little girl name Holland Grace. I thought it was too cute Her nickname is Holly. I'm expecting and I've chosen Brooklyn Kate if it is a girl.

I live in Brooklyn!

For a while I was really against any place name unless the parents had a special connection to it, but lately I'm changing my tune because I have heard so many good place names and I know that I'm likely never going to those places.

Holly is a great nickname for Holland. I grew up with a male Holland.

Not most recent but I have heard of these [either read/met/or heard them being called]: Portugal [male], Indiana [male], Paris [female], Brooklynn [female, spelled this way], London [not sure of spelling, female]. My mother overheard someone talking about a Shiloh [male]. I know of a Camden [female], I also had people when I was in school named London [female], and Jerusalem [male]. I know of some Israels [males], I know an Eden, Afton both female.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Denver : Maleficent : Tigerlily : Wednesday
    ♂ Brooklyn : Clyde: : Disney : Elias : Galilee : Juniper