Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silas?

Silas?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences are with Silas- what do you think of the name itself, what kind of person do you imagine, and how many do you know/know of? It's really growing on me, and I'm wondering if it's a name that is just frequently talked about, or if it's being used a lot as well. I know it's #183 right now, and I'm curious to see what the new ranking will be next month. I am definitely trying to stay away from anything that will end up being excessively popular. Also, what do think about it with siblings Corbin and Griffin, is it too 'soft' in comparison? Middle name ideas?

I like the name Silas. It's very handsome and has a regal feel. But to me it just sounds wimpy, kind of like Timmy. And with older brothers named Corbin and Griffin, it does sound very soft. For middle names, I like:

Silas Quinn
    Silas Edmund
    Silas Richard
    Silas Anthony
    Silas Peter

Best of luck!

I like Silas, it reminds me of a smart and handsome guy. The only one I know is in his late 20's. I think it goes fine with Corbin and Griffin

Mns-

Silas Nathan
    Silas Maxwell
    Silas Gregory
    Silas Edward
    Silas Henry

Considering:
    🍂Jane*Fiona*Thea*Gwyneth*Alice*Evangeline*Bridg et
    🍂Oren*Lars*Bram*Griffin*Jude*Nolan*Otis*Kieran

I really like Silas and it's recently started growing on me. I used to really dislike this name because of an evil character in a British soap called Silas but he's not in it anymore so the ill feeling has gone. I don't personally know any Silas at the moment. I think Silas would be nice with Corbin and Griffin.

Silas Benjamin
    Silas Parker
    Silas Roscoe
    Silas Zachary
    Silas Nathaniel
    Silas Micah
    Silas Sebastian
    Silas Alexander
    Last edited by cannebella; April 4th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

With siblings named Corbin and Griffin, Silas is unexpected but it sounds great with those two. To me, Silas is soft in looks but not sound.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly