Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Opinions on baby girl #2 name please :)

Hey there! So, we found out yesterday we are expecting another sweet girl. My DD is 3 years old and her name is Camille Elise. For this baby, we had been planning on using a family name and name we really love, Hazel but I have seen such a rise in popularity that I am not sure I want to use it anymore. Every time I come on here, people are searching it or discussing it AND we live in a pretty trendy city (Portland, OR) and I am starting to hear the name more and more. I know not everyone cares about the popularity of a name but I do. I am bummed because we really do love the name.

The other name we are considering is Corinna. I do not like it as much as Hazel and I think it is a little "matchy" with Camille. But it is not nearly as popular.

I haven't started to look at other names outside these too. So we are open to suggestions. I like Willa and Luna. But am open to more classic, vintage-y suggestions.

Any feedback would be great! Thank you!

Camille is one of my favorite names! I think Corinna is stunning. Not too matchy at all.

You could use Hazel as a middle name. I think it's lovely. Do you plan on living in Portland forever? I am sure it is much less common in other places of the country. I'm sad that you can't pick a meaningful name from your family because of the popularity where you live. Especially since you like it a lot!

In 2011, there were 40 little Hazels in all of Oregon (making it #83) - not too bad but certainly higher in 2012. But is you like the name, I say use it.

I think Corinna and Camille sound very nice together without being too matchy. If using the nns Cory and Cammy, it sounds cute too.

I'm also in the Portland metro area
    My little girl is due early June.
    First ill say I like the name choices. I myself have a very different name, but many seem to like it. First name: Shardae ( pronounced: "shar-day" )
    My middle name is my aunts:
    Raphell (pronounced: "ra-fell")
    We have a almost 3 year old boy we named Cody. Pretty traditional.. As for our Lil girl, we both like "Emily"
    I'm thinking maybe to use my sisters middle name: "Joleen". So it'd be
    "Emily Joleen" seems to flow nice. But then I thought about my middle name: "Emily Raphell" that sounds nice too!
    Similar names to what you mentioned, reminded me of the little girls across the street named: "Cora and Claire"
    Those are very pretty I think.
    Hope maybe I helped a little in the name game. Good luck to ya