Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Boy names suitable for last name Young

Good morning, Berries!

Yesterday we found out we're having a boy! And while we had a girl's name almost locked up, we're at a loss when it comes to naming this little male. Our last name is Young and we live in the desert Southwest US. We're interested in names which are not overly popular but not obscure either. DH's family is English and Canadian and mine is English, German and Italian. I'm not thrilled with any family-inspired or "honoring" names we have to choose from (Hubert, Jeanne, Daniel, James, Joseph, Benson).

For a girl we like Emily, Elliott, Elise, Ella, Maisie, Addison.

For a boy we've considered Jack, Carter, Mason, Aden. (ALL SO POPULAR!)

Looking for some fresh ideas! Thanks for your help.

Okay then, let's give it a go: George, Henry, Becker, Bennett, Samson, Willem, Carson, Olivier, Jeremy, Tristan, Isaac, Sebastian, Sidney, Preston, Peyton, Quinn, Elijah, Tobias, Xander, Xavier, Jenson, Hamilton, Kian, Ciaran, Lleyton, Lloyd, Jared, Arthur, Declan, Damien, Erik, Vincent, Klaus, North, Chase, Chanson, Miles, Billy, Albert? Just a selection of varying genres of names to inspire you, hope it's helped.
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith

favorite names this week: Jane 🌻 Oren

Well, I would take Elliott from your girls list and use that for a boy. I love Elliott and think it completely ruins the name when used on a girl. From your list, I like James and Joseph.

I agree with boyandgirl about Elliott! I don't like Elliott being used for girls...all boy to me! It was my top pick for a mn for boy #3, until the fn we decided on doesn't go with it.

Along with Elliott, I also like Jack and Carter from your list! I agree though that they are popular. When I names my Carter ten years ago, it wasn't in the top 100. I still think it's a handsome name though.

Some of the other names we've considered for our boys, that you may like are:

Brennan/Breccan- couldn't decide which I liked better
    Rowan
    Spencer
    Owen
    Wesley
    Gavin
    Adler
    Grady

Good luck!
    Married to Matthew
    Mommy to Carter Benjamin (9) and Griffin Oliver (3) and Emmett Nicholas (brand new)