Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alternatives for Jessica?

I have a creative project for a Jessica, where I'd like to discreetly reference her name, but am not sure how to depict "god beholds". Are there similar names that might take to marquetry better, with the same meaning? (it's for a piece of furniture with a marquetry "picture" inlayed). Thank you for any help!

Jessamine? Jescha? http://www.behindthename.com/name/jescha

Apparently, Iscah and Yiskah are other forms of the Hebrew name that probably inspired Shakespeare to create Jessica.
    Last edited by mei_mei; April 4th, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103

Maybe Iscah would work?
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

Hmm, I see where I went wrong. Any name with the same meaning will produce the same problem I was having depicting it! Thanks for responding anyway Jessica also means wealth, or treasure. Are there completely different names that share these meanings, while also having other meanings? Then I could follow the links to a noun name i.e. lily, hazel, ruby, etc. Thank you!

I think I get what you are asking for. Let's see what I can come up with:

Abeni: "we asked for her, and behold, we got her" in Yoruba
    Cherish: "to treasure"
    Lucretia: "Wealth"

Esmeralda, Gemma, Rubina, Sapphira
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell