Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    I don't see anything wrong with Juniper as a name. I work at a office where we take care of pregnant women, and I always ask what they want to name their children, I have heard of some very interesting ones. My coworkers always keep saying "oh poor kid they will be teased", or how "horrible" the name is for example one was of the name Lyric. I don't see the big deal at all. I don't think a child with an unusual name would be teased more than one with a "normal" name. I don't have any children, but I love unusual names and I would absolutely give my child an unusual name I try not to get offended when others don't like my name choices.

For example I have River Jordan as a combo, and some people ask me why would I ever do that to my child. It's a name that has a very very very special meaning to me, and as a combo too. I have actually gotten compliments on it and how "cool" it is. If it's something that has meaning to you I don't think it matters what others think. Juniper is a lovely name one which I also have on my list [but for a boy]. Besides Juniper isn't that unusual I know a boys named Audio, and Nawledge.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Monet | Monroe | Celsius (MN) | Malachi | Chai | Iowa
    ♂ Celsius (MN) | Monroe | Andrew

I think Juniper is a beautiful name! Very surprised at the reactions you're getting. Naming a child is such a personal experience. It seems others forget that along with their manners.

I've called people out on several occasions for being rude about someone's (or someone's child's) name. I definitely would have called out the sneering, whispering mothers on that occasion. Even if I'm out and about and meet a Jaidyn or a Makinzleigh, I would have the decency to hold the massive groan and eye roll in until after I'm away from the parents and child. I don't understand why some people think it's okay to be so incredibly rude about names. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Try not to let other people's rudeness bother you. Juniper is a lovely name.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia