Names Searched Right Now:

The movie " Serena "

Wasn't sure where to put this, but just thought I would share. So this morning I discovered that a movie called Serena" is in the works.... Ughh... I am hoping it brings a good vibe to the name. I named my youngest Serena, after my great, great grandmother. On the upside, maybe it will help people to become more familiar with the name... I am always getting "Sabrina" or " Selina", then I have to say..no, Serena".... Anyone heard anything about tis movie?
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I really don't know that much about the movie--but from imdb it sounds fairly interesting. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1247690/

It intrigues me mainly because I love Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. The premise sounds interesting--I'm not a huge movie fan, but I might see it when it comes out.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Are those two going to be in everything together now?

I like Serena, it's beautiful. I know two babies called Serena! I usually think a little bit of pop culture is good for a rarer name, makes it more recognisable.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Are those two going to be in everything together now?
    haha, I was thinking the same thing!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Actually, now that someone mentioned Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, I realize that I have heard of the movie. I remember being super excited because of the title :P

I understand your pain in having to correct your daughter's name, because my name is Serena. I constantly am being mistaken for Sabrina, Marina, Karina, Selena and even Sabine. However, I also have to correct people on the spelling, because my name is spelled like Sabrina without the b. I'm hoping that the movie will make the name more known as well.
    Last edited by sari; April 5th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
    Sari, high school senior.

The enchanting little witches & wizards: Under Construction and Pending.