Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the lovely comments guys! Paw, that's a really good response to negative comments. You're all really kind :-)
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

Wow. I don't even consider Juniper too be an odd name. Uncommon but completely normal. Like you said, its not like you chose a name that was zany or weird, just not common. If somebody was really rude, I would try to say something. People need to realize that it isn't ok to be ignorant or rude. Shame on them for being close-minded and ignorant. Some people are happy living in their little uneducated worlds, almost like they live in their own little bubbles.

We named our son Luther which is very uncommon where we live (Canada). I have never met another Luther, and it's interesting to see people's reactions. They never know what to make of it. Often times they mistake it for Lucas which is popular in our area. I had to repeat it three times to a sweet elderly french lady and I still don't think she got it in the end. We have been fortunate that we haven't had any rude remarks. Then again, we Canadians tend to be polite (to your face at least).
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I think your daughter's name is lovely, for what its worth. Please don't let the rudeness of others get to you, although I know its tough to hear the negativity (I've had some odd reactions to my DD's name- Evangeline-and it automatically gets my back up). I love the suggestion of taking a moment to calmly respond with why you chose such a beautiful name--that should put *most* rude people back in their place!

So sorry to hear that other people are so rude. I would just smile at them, kill them with kindness, when you refuse to act rude in return they will hopefully realize that they need to adjust their attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    Wow. I don't even consider Juniper too be an odd name. Uncommon but completely normal. Like you said, its not like you chose a name that was zany or weird, just not common. If somebody was really rude, I would try to say something. People need to realize that it isn't ok to be ignorant or rude. Shame on them for being close-minded and ignorant. Some people are happy living in their little uneducated worlds, almost like they live in their own little bubbles.

We named our son Luther which is very uncommon where we live (Canada). I have never met another Luther, and it's interesting to see people's reactions. They never know what to make of it. Often times they mistake it for Lucas which is popular in our area. I had to repeat it three times to a sweet elderly french lady and I still don't think she got it in the end. We have been fortunate that we haven't had any rude remarks. Then again, we Canadians tend to be polite (to your face at least).
    I know, Juniper isn't even that crazy! On a couple of occasions some random people have thought i was saying Julia, not Juniper and on one of those occasions i just said yes, thats right, its Julia because i was pushed for time and i had to rush off but didnt want to be rude! Haha, i hope i don't meet them again. Luther is a great name btw!
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles