Names Searched Right Now:

Bassinets/Travel Cribs

When we have Saela in July, she will be sharing a room with her big sister. However, for the first few weeks/months she will be staying in our room. I am worried about this, because when I had my first I couldn't get any sleep when she was in the same room, but I guess we will adjust.

Anyway, until she is in her crib in her bedroom, she will need somewhere to sleep in our room. Does anyone have any recommendations for good bassinets, or even travel cribs that are compact enough to fit in the little space we have for it? I am not interested in any cosleeping or bedsharing items.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Maris - Simone - Romy - Xanthe - Ramona - Juna - Wylie

Miles - Zefram - Eli - Ephram - Gannon - Landry - Thatcher

I love your daughters' names!

We have a small house and small bedroom and our son shared with us for the first six months. We just used a pack n'play. The bassinet thing that goes in the top of it seemed comfortable for him, then of course you can take that part out and use the big crib space for older kids. We moved him to a crib in his own room when he outgrew the bassinet part, but it was nice to have the pack n'play as a travel crib option.

The deluxe ones can really substitute for an entire nursery, including a changing table and newborn seat and clothes and diaper storage. So I would just do that and then you are left with a great travel crib when she moves to her sister's room.

Thanks, tarynkay! We have been considering the Graco Travel Lite Crib, which is half the size of a regular pack n play. It seems to have good reviews on Amazon and is really compact.
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Maris - Simone - Romy - Xanthe - Ramona - Juna - Wylie

Miles - Zefram - Eli - Ephram - Gannon - Landry - Thatcher

We used an infant crib, which is just a really tiny crib. Ours was one that I had used so we didn't have to buy one. I've also heard people rave about the Rock and Play sleeper and that's not too big and really great for helping babies who might be trickier to put to sleep.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

I have a small brass cradle that I use until both kids could/will be able to sit up. I also have a bassinet which fits snugly along the side of the bed. And for travel, a pack n'play (traditional Graco one), but a pack n'play is *much* bigger than a bassinet, Moses basket or cradle if space is at a premium. The cradle & bassinet were approximately 1 x 2.5 feet, so perfect for tiny ones.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq