Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I'm the eldest of 5. There are 21 months between me and my sister, then 13 between her and my brother, 2 1/2 years between him and my youngest sister and another 2 years between her and my youngest brother. I love being part of a large family and the fact we are all fairly close in age. It was very hard work for my Mum though (especially because my youngest brother has Down Syndrome)
    I have 2 girls already and I'm pregnant with baby number 3, Elizabeth and Annabelle are 13 months apart and the gap between Annabelle and this baby will be 2 years. I would love to have more children but because of health issues I think we will be stopping at 3.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

I just wanted to add that I grew up in a family of 4 kids - us older children were pretty close. (We are currently 25, 23 and 21) and we get along really well NOW, growing up we had our issues, but we were all close enough in age that we were able to do things with each other. Then my mom had her "midlife crisis" as we all like to joke about and decided to have my sister - she is about to turn 13. We get along really, really well and I really love having my baby sister - but she never grew up with us. By the time she was old enough to really remember anything, all of her siblings were basically adults - moving out, going to college- we never had that real "sibling" relationship, she sees her siblings as adults.

Just another perspective - I certainly don't think the age difference is wrong at all, this is just my experience with my sister.

I am one of five children, ages 17, 15, 13, 11, and 7. The three boys in the middle have been close buddies since they were small, so the age gap works well for them. The oldest (me) and youngest are girls, and being 10 years apart, we have a very different relationship - less of buddies and more of her being my little doll. Overall, the age gap has assisted and not hindered our relationship.

I would definitely recommend having a larger family if that works for you because growing up with lots of siblings is so much fun and teaches kids how to interact with others. I would like to have 4-6 children, each between 1.5 and 2 years apart.
    anne teresa. 18.
    bibliophile & anglophile.
    "if you'll only call me anne spelled with an e i shall try to reconcile myself to not being called cordelia." -anne of green gables

ladies:
    Katherine, Lucy, Adelaide, Elizabeth, Elanor, Julia, Hazel,
    Margaret, Elodie, Anneliese, Marian, Aurelia, Vivian
    gentlemen:
    James, Atticus, Malachi, Ezra, Lewis, Benjamin, Alexander, Matthias
    Gabriel, Finn, Dietrich, Kieran, Henry, Fletcher, Dominic, Lysander

I'm from a family of 4. My older half sister is 24, a 6 year age difference between her and myself. Then there's me at 18 years old. Following me is my younger half sister who is 8 months younger than me. And then there's our younger brother who is 15 and there's 2 and 1/2 years between him and our sister.

I'm not at all close with our older sister. We hangout occasionally but we're not close. My younger sister and I are extremely close. Since we're in the same grade a lot of people think we're twins at first. And we do the stereotypical "twin" thing of finishing each other's sentences. My brother and I fight all the time.

DH is one of seven. There's 3 years between him and the next oldest. Then there's two years between him and the third oldest. Then 3 between him and the 4th and then 2 years between him and the 5th. Between 5 and 6 there's 2 years and then 2 years between 6 and 7. All of the kids have kind of paired off. 2 and 3 are closest with each other, 4 and 5 are the same and then 6 and 7 (the girls). DH admits that he doesn't feel close to any of his siblings other than #2 because of the age/maturity difference. And with the girls there's a 13 and 15 year age difference, he acts more like a father figure than a brother.

In my perfect family I'd have b/g twins and then when they were about six or seven I would adopt a little boy who was about a year younger than them.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

I grew up in a mixed family of six children.. My step-sister is like 20-some years older than me, and by the time our parents got together she was well out of the house so if anything, she has always been like some distant relative you see around the holidays. My oldest biological sibling..a sister..is around 8 years older than me, maybe 9. Again, that was too large an age gap for us to really do much together. She and her friends would fix my hair during sleepovers when i was little, and i was sort of like some little toy in the background to her. We are far from close nowadays. My next sibling..my brother..is exactly 6yrs older than me (i was born on his birthday). I love my brother and we are in so many ways alike but you can definitely feel a distance between us. When i was 6, he was a "big boy", 12yrs old.

My next younger sibling..another sister..is like 20 or so months younger than me. We are definitely the closest siblings of the bunch! We grew up like twins..we were dressed alike, shared the same clothes, had our own little language, and were the best of friends, despite having different personalities. Of course, as we got older we grew apart alot, but we still get along!

My youngest sister (my half-sister), is around 5 or 6 years younger than me. I loved her and she was "my baby"..and we would play together alot, even though we weren't on the same level. I just always have been the type to get down and play with younger kids, so that worked out. Growing up, it was a bit frustrating because she wanted to play with my sister and i and join us and our friends..and she was our little sister...kind of got in the way (I'm sure all of you with younger siblings can relate!). We are sort of close now...

I definitely loved being part of a large family, even though most of the time, it was just us younger three in the same household (divorced parents, dad had custody of the older two bio's, mom had us younger two plus our baby sister). My family was one of the biggest ones where i live, even though there was a Romanian family in my community who had 15 kids of their own (under one roof). There was always someone to play with and turn to, but there was also alot of sibling rivalry. There were alot of time when our parents spent alot of time with one kid, and the rest of us missed out. Also, sickness got spread around alot...and we all had things like lice for literally ever summer straight for like 7 summers. I wouldn't trade it for anything though! Our experiences, even though we don't always get along, have give us such a unique and strong bond.

I would recommed larger families, if you feel you are up to it. It's not always rainbows and butterflies but it's mostly great! I always insisted, since i was little, that i wanted to one-up my parents and have 7 kids. Well, that's not my only motive, but yeah. I think that it depends on the individual couples and their relationship, finances, etc on what size family they want.

For me, I still want 7 with at least some adopted or foster to adopt..I'm still deciding on the spacing i would prefer, because i have experienced both ends of the spectrum of being too old/too young and being close in age to a sibling. With my career track, it might be beneficial to have some spacing but i'm not sure.. What will happen will happen I would like maybe the children of each gender to be close in age..(two sisters being close in age, or two brothers being close in age). Not sure!
    Currently liking:

Girls: Lydia Jeanette, Leah Christine, Aria Quinn, Anna Ruby

Boys: Asa Vincent, Peter Eliot, Anthony Nicholas, Paul Gregory, Luke Mackenize

Thinking about:
    Viva Lux, Luca Daniel, Lorenzo "Enzo", Adah Marie