Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Update!

I just wanted to add that ultrasound weights mean squat. With my twins the ultrasound was showing them being 6 1/2 and 7lbs and they ended up being 4lbs 14oz and 5lbs 11oz so don't stress about the u/s measurement it is usually off. Otherwise best wishes, I hope you have a safe and speedy birth!

Quote Originally Posted by backtomyroots View Post
    Thanks for the update! I was so curious!

Weights that the docs give you are just estimates and are often wrong! And I have met bigger women who have had to have small babies via C-section as well as TINY ( i mean like 5'0" and about 100lbs prepregnancy) who have had 9lb babies naturally!

Hopefully you have the support of your doctor to do it naturally! I know so many women who have been convinced to have c-sections even when it was not necessary JUST because it was more convenient for the doc!!!!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing updates!
    Good luck, dantea. I'm glad she hung on for a few more weeks.

I wanted to agree with the above poster (and others) that ultrasound weight estimates are notoriously variable. You shouldn't hang your hat on that 8lbs number much at all. And it's normal for babies to gain the vast majority of their weight in the last two months of pregnancy; it's not a dangerous trajectory or anything.

I wanted to disagree, most strongly, with the above poster that you should be concerned about being subjected to a major abdominal operation due to your physician's personal convenience. It's unfortunately an oft-repeated slander but it is just that, slander. Please trust me, as someone who has taken hundreds of nights of call and worked innumerable thirty-hour shifts: call is call. We know what we signed up for, and you don't need to worry about someone sectioning you just because it's 6PM on a Friday night. If that did happen, that person could be prosecuted and lose their license. On the other hand, if there is a serious concern regarding you or your baby and how either of you is tolerating labor, hopefully you can trust your doctor to make the best and safest decision. It sounds like you have a great relationship!
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

If my doctor tells me I need a c-section, I won't argue as I'm sure I'll know by then :P I trust him. ^_^

However, I do want to say that a friend of mine was forced into a c-section by her doctor for his convenience. His exact words were "If you don't want a c-section, find a different doctor" and at that point she was like, a week and a half from delivery and didn't have time to find one that her insurance would cover. He said he was going to give her a c-section because he found it more "convenient" and that it would just "be best for everyone to cooperate with him". She went in a few days later because he blood pressure had gotten low and when it got back up, she was going to go home and the doctor said "No, I scheduled you for a c-section while you're here." She wasn't high-risk or in danger or anything, just because they were both there. So, it happens unfortunately.

However, I know they're not all like that. He was a**. It's why I went to a different hospital ^_^ I trust my doctor and I strongly hope everything going smoothly and I know he doesn't like c-sections if he can help it so I'm content and so ready to get it done with! ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

@dantea if that story is true your friend should file a complaint with the Arkansas Medical Board and even pursue litigation. It was her first birth?
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

It is true and it was her first birth. This isn't the first complaint of that sort on that particular hospital or doctor. He also told her, and I quote "You're too fat for a horizontal c-section so I'm doing a vertical" but I doubt that's true as my husband's mother was something like 300 pounds with her horizontal c-section and my friend is definitely not fat. I'll let her know that she has the right to file a complaint about that. She's been assuming that no one would listen because he's the doctor.

Like I said though, my doctor is great so I'm not worried about that happening to me! I'm also really reassured about her weight because he said she'd gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks but I'd only gained 2 pounds so it made no sense!
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014