Results 41 to 45 of 52
Thread: Thoughts on Merit?
April 4th, 2013 03:28 AM #41
I think there are several names rolling around with the same sound.
1) Merit, directly transliterated from Ancient Egyptian, not currently given by the Copts, meaning 'beloved'
2) Merit, the common everyday English word for worthiness, value.
3) Marit, a Danish contracted form of Margaret-- spelled Merit in Swedish, Maaret in Finnish, Maret in Estonian, etc
4) Merritt, an English surname
5) Meirit, prn 'Myer-eet', Hebrew feminine form of Meir meaning 'giving light'
6) Merit/Mirit, prn 'Meer-eet,' a very popular Amharic name which is a form of Miriam
I would use the spelling of the meaning/etymology which attracts you the most. If you want something sea-related, I like Meraud, which is Cornish.Blade, MD
XY: A. R.
XX: C. V. N.
Allaire * Emmanuelle * Honora * Hyacinthe * Lysandra * Marina * Rosamond * Serena * Sylvie * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lucian * Marius * Quentin * Rainier * Silvan
Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ / Altair _ Faraj _ Tariq
April 4th, 2013 08:31 AM #43Isobel Jamesie | Eloise Anne | Matilda | Alice | Eleanor | Amelia | Lucia | Felicity | Phoebe | Eilidh | Rosalia | Zoe | Azalea | Genevieve | Tallulah | Ruby | Rebecca | Leila | Odessa | Francesca |
Eamon Harris | Hayes Kyan | Tiago | Cooper | Jack | Jago | Flynn | Archer | Lincoln | Asher | Alfie | Taylor | Baxter | Lawson | Lewis | Fletcher | Harley | Brooklyn | Regan | Drake |
April 4th, 2013 09:49 AM #45
On first thought, I was hoping this was Marit, mare EET.
Merit is just odd to me. It's a word for worthiness, value, to most people, I can't imagine that not being the first point of reference if they heard /saw Merit as a name.
Merritt reads as a surname to me, but at least it's a name of sorts, though certainly not one I am fond of.
I suppose the problem here is that we two seem to have very different tastes in names.Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.
Little Sparkler coming next July.
April 4th, 2013 10:00 AM #47Mi corazón Zoe Milena
April 4th, 2013 10:30 AM #49Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2012