Results 1 to 5 of 52
Thread: Thoughts on Merit?
April 4th, 2013 03:28 AM #59
I think there are several names rolling around with the same sound.
1) Merit, directly transliterated from Ancient Egyptian, not currently given by the Copts, meaning 'beloved'
2) Merit, the common everyday English word for worthiness, value.
3) Marit, a Danish contracted form of Margaret-- spelled Merit in Swedish, Maaret in Finnish, Maret in Estonian, etc
4) Merritt, an English surname
5) Meirit, prn 'Myer-eet', Hebrew feminine form of Meir meaning 'giving light'
6) Merit/Mirit, prn 'Meer-eet,' a very popular Amharic name which is a form of Miriam
I would use the spelling of the meaning/etymology which attracts you the most. If you want something sea-related, I like Meraud, which is Cornish.Blade, MD
XY: A. R.
XX: C. V. N.
Allaire * Emmanuelle * Honora * Hyacinthe * Lysandra * Marina * Rosamond * Serena * Sylvie * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lucian * Marius * Quentin * Rainier * Silvan
Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ / Altair _ Faraj _ Tariq