Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brothers for Bear

I still haven't mentioned to DH that I'm considering using Beresford (nn Bear)... A family name of great sentiment to him for first born son as once I do there's no going back! One concern I have with Using Beresford is that it's so obscure I have no idea what i'd call his brothers... Sisters are easier! I'm wondering what YOU would call little Bears brothers? Sisters too if any names spring to mind!!

Also, DH has previously vetoed Finnegan which I love and has real family significance to me but there is a lot if scope for negotiation if I agree to Beresford Could Finnegan and Beresford work as brothers? I really like Finn and Bear together and it would also mean that both brothers had names of family sentiment! Any thoughts welcome!

Thank you everyone who has contributed to discussion on Beresford in my other post!

Beresford and Finnegan would work great together I think. To be honest it is tough to find other names that work together well with Beresford from the list I'm accumulated over the past months. But here's a few possibilities:

Eldridge
    Alastiar
    Thaddeus
    Ariston
    Virgil
    Auberon
    Leonidas
    Raleigh
    Solomon
    Cornelius
    Caledon
    Aldrich
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Oh my gosh, please use Beresford nn Bear! It's brilliant.
    I definitely think Finnegan nn Finn works very well with it, and most slightly-obscure surnames probably would. What about...

Douglas
    Alaisdair/Alistair
    Sullivan
    Montgomery
    Winston
    Lachlan
    Brennan
    Benedict
    Leopold
    Fergus
    Sylvester
    Crispin
    Magnus
    Wolfgang (Are Bear and Wolf too much?!)
    Peregrine
    Willoughby
    Percival
    Augustus
    Conway
    Nathaniel
    close to my heart / future darlings
    Rufus Kielder - Emmett Hugh - Alec Amadeus - Wilf Nicholas
    Estella Agnes - Oona Margaret - Billie Cordelia - Beatrix Georgia

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

I think Bear and Finn is cute. I also like:
    Bear and Cade
    Bear and Slader
    Bear and Bennett
    Bear and Cole
    Bear and Braxton

Thank you for the suggestions! And I'm glad to hear you think Finnegan works! Bit in not sure if I'll ever convince DH of Finnegan for second boy unless I make it a condition of naming firstborn Bereford!

Oliviasarah I wondered about Wolfgang too as I love it but I think Bear and Wolfe are a bit much together!!! Also DH really opposed to Wolfgang... He classes it in the ridiculous camp bit thinks Beresfird nn Bear is totally usable... Go figure!! I like suggestion of Sullivan too...I like Peregrine and Montgomery but I think they really bring out the upper crusty side of Beresford!! I guess I'm looking for something that doesn't sound at odds and compliments it but that also brings it down to earth a little and taps into its rough and tumble potential if that makes sense!!! I think Sullivan and Finnigan do this well... As well as Alastair, Lachlan, Augustus... Perhaps August more so! Fergus, Magnus and Douglas! It seems Scottish names work well! Thanks for your suggestions!

Louis and its variants Lewis and Ludo which have all been contenders for us also could work do you think?