Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Verity Sakura

Verity Sakura

We have a girl! We waited to find out him/her, and finally met our Verity Sakura ... just in time for cherry blossom season.

Family is having a hard time adjusting to the rare name, even with nickname Vera. I love our choice more each day; it suits her perfectly, and the meanings of both names are super special to me and DH. Verity/Vera because we pray she shares our faith, and Sakura (despite zero Japanese ancestry) because we spent time living in Asia and Washington DC and love the spring cherry blossoms.

Verity joins big brother William Ray who was named after his great-grandfathers. With our son the significance of honoring family trumped the popularity of William, but it was so fun to pick a more unusual name this time around. And I like that they fit as a sib-set.

Thank you, Nameberry!

What a lovely name! Congratulations!
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

Absolutely beautiful name. Verity Sakura - if I had a daughter with a name like that, I would call her by her full name all the time. Congratulations!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

Congrats to you on the safe arrival of your daughter, Verity Sakura! I love the spunky and lively Verity.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Congratulations! Such a beautiful name! I hope your family gets the hang of it soon.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova