Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cool how did you become named obsessed?

i want to know how everyone became in love with names. And how bad it is sometimes.
    Butter ball or pumpkin due November 2014

Married my best friend 05-11-13
    Riley Bean went to be the Lord Summer of 2013...almost 2 months

Think it was when i has top chooise my childrens names !! !x
    Dani, (U.K Mumma) Love my kids Bailey & Liberty {stepmum to angel Calium 17/4/02-25/06/02} ❤ Future daughter's name will be Kairi Peyton ❤

Faves: (B) Phoenix, Elijah, Zeke, Logan, Vincent, Talon, Castiel, Kye, Auron, Xavier, Orion, Gunner, Aeydn, Roman, Zephyr
    (G) Asharlia/Aschalia, Maddilynn, Ksenia, Genevieve, Isabeau, Talia, Marnie, Wynter, Sofia, Emery/Emmarie, Elyse, Myka, Bonnie, Schyler (nn Chyler)

When I was a child, I was always drawn to names that were different. Being a Jennifer born in 1979, there were always so many others with my name. I attended the before and after school program at the local Y in grade school and was allowed to help out in the day care area. I would ask parents how theycame up with the names they had chosen if unusual and loved when there were interesting stories behind the names which there often times were! It just grew as I got older and eventually I did get to name my own children as well.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

Mine started in the 9th grade. I had to write a 10 page story for English and I dived into names for my characters and it spiraled out of control from there. I do remember having an interest in names before that, but what really started the list making and interest in history and meaning was that project. That was 10 years ago, I will love names.

How I became a name nerd...

1 When anyone in the neighborhood had a baby, I would always be interested in meeting the infant and learning its name.
    2 Reading a lot as a child and noticing the names of the characters.
    3 Writing stories as a youngster and picking out names for my own characters.
    All the best,
    Mischa.