Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    A lot of people skip the newborn stage because of the black tar like poo that they tend to have at first - washing that out of a diaper you invested money in is not appealing, lol.
    I have found that the poop once they started drinking cows milk has been WAY worse than the initial stages. Before that I didn't think we needed a sprayer. Now understand their purpose!
    Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel

@zaelia and @flick....speaking of the messes, especially the really bad ones, what do you use to clean? I can't imagine using bleach only because I have quite a sensitivity to it. Does normal washing in a delicate, chemical-free detergent do the trick?
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

We're cloth diapering our newborn. We use a diaper service. The great thing about using a service is that it's up to them to worry about the messes. It may seem pricey when compared to buying and washing your own, but in our case it's still cheaper than disposables (and obviously better for the environment).

In the case of our service, they offer something like 6 different sizes of diapers, so the fit is really good even on our little 6lbs newborn.
    ~Jen
    Parker Scott (3/8/13)
    Vanessa Mariska (11/28/14)

Quote Originally Posted by zaelia View Post
    I have found that the poop once they started drinking cows milk has been WAY worse than the initial stages. Before that I didn't think we needed a sprayer. Now understand their purpose!

Oh noes! I'm probably going to invest in one once we move. Right now we have an awesome shower sprayer that happens to reach where I need it for the toilet, but I can see myself needing one.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfmama View Post
    @zaelia and @flick....speaking of the messes, especially the really bad ones, what do you use to clean? I can't imagine using bleach only because I have quite a sensitivity to it. Does normal washing in a delicate, chemical-free detergent do the trick?
    Good question - no, do not bleach your diapers. In order to get out stains, you hang them in the sun and the sun will basically bleach the stains out. As for washing detergent, there are a few different philosophies. Some people put together their own, homemade, detergents, some people use good old Tide, other's buy diaper specific detergent like Rockin Green - it really just depends on what you find works best.