Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    We cloth diaper. We didn't start until he was 6 months or so though. We use fitteds (mostly twinkie tush -pricey but they are awesome and so, so cute) and wool, pocket diapers (love bumgenius), as well as some Ai2s (various work at home mama businesses, usually found on hyenacart) -I am in a cloth diaper group and they are invaluable to learn about brands and everything fluff). We use flushable liners to make cleanup super easy. I love that we always have diapers at our house and it really hasn't been a hassle, just an extra couple of loads of laundry per week. -They do give the baby a giant tush though, which is pretty adorable and also makes pants a little tricky. If I can help anyone with info, please let me know!

What do you like about pocket diapers compared to AI1's? I haven't had the opportunity to try everything out yet, just wondering if it is better to just buy AI1 over pockets? (aside from price, pockets seem to be much more affordable).

I like that I can customize the absorbency -add more layers for overnight and so on. I guess you could add a bamboo or hemp insert to an AI1 if you needed to but it is just what we got and I love them -oh, and I like that I throw the inserts into the dryer and the shells dry very fast when they hang so I don't have to wait around for a thicker diaper to dry. They are the diapers we leave for the sitter, very user friendly, although Ai1s are as well. I don't have experience with AI1s but I can ask my friends -I do know Ai1s can be trimmer on the baby. You might want to get a few different kinds to see what you like. -or if you have a heavy wetter, you may prefer certain diapers.
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

-oops, sorry, I just saw you suggested trying different diapers on the previous page. anyways, good idea!
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    I like that I can customize the absorbency -add more layers for overnight and so on. I guess you could add a bamboo or hemp insert to an AI1 if you needed to but it is just what we got and I love them -oh, and I like that I throw the inserts into the dryer and the shells dry very fast when they hang so I don't have to wait around for a thicker diaper to dry. They are the diapers we leave for the sitter, very user friendly, although Ai1s are as well. I don't have experience with AI1s but I can ask my friends -I do know Ai1s can be trimmer on the baby. You might want to get a few different kinds to see what you like. -or if you have a heavy wetter, you may prefer certain diapers.
    Oh yeah, you know, that makes a lot of sense - I didn't even think of the absorbency thing. I didn't get into cloth until my son was potty training but I'm preparing for next time, lol. He was a super soaker when he was under a year old, too, so being able to adjust the absorbency, especially at night, is a good option. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    There was a relatively recent thread discussing experiences with cloth diapering. Jemama gave her extensive perspective (could save you from typing it out again) along with many other members.

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...loth-diapering
    Thanks! I'll read through that next.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau