Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Oops, lol, thanks. I'm usually good with the weird spellings but forgot about Jeyne. Funnily enough if I'd have written Jeyne Poole I would have spelt it like that

I liked Gendry too.
    Not at all It's hard to remember all the different spellings from ASOIAF, or at least that's how I feel (but maybe that's because I have a memory like a sieve).

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    And I think Jon Snow has a cool name (or is it me having a massive crush on Kit Harrington?).
    I agree: Jon Snow is a rad name AND Kit Harington is total eye candy
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

I absolutely love Game of Thrones/ASOIAF and I have added a ton of names to my list because of the series:

Margaery (currently my favorite name from the show)
    Sansa
    Daenerys
    Cersei
    Arya

Renly
    Theon
    Gendry

Of those names I am particularly fond of Margaery and Renly, both of which I would actually consider using someday (Renly as a middle name though).

I haven't read all of the previous posts but I will say that I love many of the names in GoT - but couldn't use them in real life because the names I like are mostly on characters that I don't like. For example, I love the names Theon and Cersei, but those characters are just so... not my favorites. Others I couldn't use because they are so distinctly GoT that I think it would be cheesy - Daenerys, for example.

EDIT: I think the only names I could use in real life would be the more mainstream ones: Jon, Robb, Arya,etc. but, with the exception of Arya, these names are uninspiring to me.
    Last edited by lcmpdx; April 9th, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Meara, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Ridley, Beckett, Samuel, Donal

Brienne is on my list. I love Ren for a boy, so I love Renly too.
    Selyse is a pretty name. I don't know much about the character yet. She is the daughter of Stannis Baratheon, and she is deformed.
    I like the name Sansa too, but I don't know how I feel about the character. Sometimes I like her, sometimes I hate her. Same goes with Theon.
    As a name nerd, while reading the books I pronounced Jaime Lannister Hi-mee. Jaime is the feminine spelling of Jamie. Anyone else find that odd?
    John Snow is a super awesome name, and is best said together. The actor has a pretty cool name himself. He is very easy on the eyes. Great casting there!
    I would use Ygritte as a middle name. I would love to have twin girls with middle names Ygritte and Yvaine (Stardust).
    Too bad about the popularity of Arya and Aria. I watch Pretty Little Liars too, and I don't think I could use the name. I hate being a follower of trends.
    I have read up to A Dance with Dragons. I don't want to get too far ahead of the tv series.

It really bothers me that he basically took a lot of regular names and just spelled them incorrectly. Edward, Aaron, Caitlin, Jane, Marcella, etc.

I agree that some of the names are pretty, but it's a huge pet peeve of mine when Sci-Fi/Fantasy writers cram a bunch of letters together and call it a name. One of the big reasons that I listened to the audio book rather than reading the text version of the book.

That being said I really like Aria and Renly
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin