Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I love Sansa and Daenerys. I've seen some comments before about using "Khaleesi" as a proper name, but most people wanted to change the spelling. It's an invented term specific to the text, so I don't know why anyone would want to change it. I do like it, though. I think it would be a lovely first name, too. I also like the new girl's name, Missandei.

I would like Theon as a name if it weren't for what a wretched, reeking character he is.
    Current Favorites

Girls: Susannah, Mahalia, Tosca, Cassia, Jerusha, Jewel, Rose, Dove, Kate, and Eve
    Boys: Gideon, Gabriel, Rafael, Dominic, Benedict, Sam, Desmond, Theodore, Tobias, and Sebastian
    Guilty Pleasures: Aurelia, Cosima, Eowyn, Neytiri, Rukia / Remy, Gryffin, Gareth, Eddard, and Judah

I love Game of Thrones. Arya, Bran, and Asha (from the books) are favorites of mine. All the names are pretty awesome.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Ooohh my favorite book series!! Some of the names I love are also because their last name sounds great with it.
    Here are my favorite names....

Jorah Mormont
    Daenerys Targaryen and her other title Daenerys Stormborn
    Aemon Targaryen
    Asha Greyjoy (book)
    Mance Rayder
    Nymeria, Summer, and Ghost
    Elia Martell
    Aegon Targaryen
    Oberyn Martell
    Arys Oakheart
    Tyrion Lannister
    Renly Baratheon
    Victarion Greyjoy
    Aeron Greyjoy (called Damphair)
    Lady Melisandre
    Rhaegar Targaryen
    Lyanna Stark
    Mace Tyrell
    Girls: Anya, Leia, Maeve, Adelaide, Lelia, Belle, Daphne, Vada, Evangeline, Anneliese, Leda, Livia, Carys, Liana, Cleo, Piper, Elena, Mercedes
    Boys: Flynn, Isaac, Ronan, James, Alaric, Jude, Damian, Emmett, Gabriel, Henry, Lucas/Lucian, Arthur, Ian, Wyatt, Leo

Vote here: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9825806

I happen to love the majority of ASOIAF names, and the book series as well. I don't think I've ever geeked out as much as I did at Martin's ADWD book signing (he actually answered my question!). The majority of my favorites have been mentioned (Rhaegar, Nymeria, and Ygritte) so I'll add Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion. Plus the surnames are terrific! Lannister, Stark, Targaryen, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Marcell, etc...

Also, though technically not his real name, I have a soft spot for Reek. (Don't google this if you haven't read ADWD or don't want anything being spoiled for you.)

I spent a decent amount of time going through the name lists at the back of the books. I don't have my copy of the fifth book with me right now (otherwise I'd list some of my favorites), but in this process of researching baby names, I had taken rather extensive notes in the margins back there about some of the names I particularly liked. Even many of the minor characters who are only barely mentioned in the books have some pretty awesome names. For awhile we were even strongly thinking about using the double middle name Danae Rose, and one of the reasons I was so attracted to it (among other reasons) was that it's sound is so similar to Daenerys.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...