Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maksim and... ?

Maksim and... ?

We would love to adopt twins from Russia or Ukraine, Boy/girl twins if possible. I Love love love the name Maksim for a boy, with the obvious max as a nickname. However I can't find a girls name that I love just as much, suggestions would be great!(: Also we would love to use the nickname Emme if possible.

I don't think that sound (Emme) is really found in Russian. Maybe you could use it for a name starting with M though or use the initials EM and then use it as a nn?

Elizabeth Marina or Mila
    Ella Magdalina or Mura
    Eugenia Mira or Mileva
    Eva Marulia or Maiya

Also, a lot of Greek and some French names translate into Russian as well, so you could just use Emelia, Emmeline, or whatever you'd like.

Some other English user-friendly names:

Maksim and

Anastasia
    Bella
    Charlotte/Charlotta
    Daria
    Dina
    Doroteya (Dorothy, Dorothea)
    Eleni/Elen/Ellena/Ella (maybe Ellie as a nn?)
    Feona
    Helen/Helena
    Irina
    Julia
    Kallista
    Karina
    Kira
    Kora
    Lara
    Lenora (nn Nora?)
    Lidia
    Lilia
    Liza
    Nadia
    Natalia
    Natasha
    Nicolena
    Paulina
    Rosalia/Rozalia
    Sabina
    Sacha
    Sofia
    Sonya
    Sosanna
    Stefanya
    Taina
    Tania/Tanya
    Tamara
    Thais
    Valentina
    Vera
    Victoria
    Veronica
    Xenia
    Yvonne

Just going to throw this out there in case you didn't know or haven't had the opportunit to watch PBS kids in the last 12 years, Max and Emmy are the kids on Dragon Tales. Ok kids show but I'd find it a little odd. But then again you might love Dragon Tales... Also, a celebrity named her twins Max and Emmy a few years ago... J.Lo, I think.

I do really love Maksim, though! So cute! So so cute! Other favorite Russian boys names are Nikolai and Mikhail.

For a girls name, would you consider something like Sophia nn Sophie instead? It's european, it's classic, it has a similar sound and goes well with Maksim/Max.
    Also, Nadia/Nadya
    Roksana
    Natalia/Natalya
    and the very pretty Zoya.

Best of luck!

If you're American, you cannot adopt from Russia. Good luck getting twins, a boy and a girl at that, from Ukraine.

Maksim is a cute name and I prefer the nickname spelled Maks if it's from Maksim (I'm picky like that).

Davisellu is right that Emme isn't really found in Russian. And allythys is right that J.Lo's twins are Max and Emme.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

There's Emiliya (technically a Bulgarian name that's also used in Russia.) The Cyrillic is Эмилия, and you could definitely use Emme as a nickname.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie