Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Antonia

Antonia

Antonia.

It"s a lovely name and I love to put it somewhere in many of my character's names. But some certain people
    just give me hate for it! What? Why?
    I try to ignore it but it's really getting to me. I dont't think I can ever look at Antonia ever again. So I need help finding a name that's similair but won't get a lot of hate. Thanks in advance!

Stop letting other people decide what you can and cannot use, especially in writing! Don't ever compromise, censor, or change your writing to suit another persons taste, except in the case of editing of course, and then only if there's a rational, objective reason for it.

I think Antonia is lovely. I'd enjoy reading a book about a character named Antonia.

If it truly is ruined for you, try:

Ramona
    Josephine
    Charlotte
    Anastasia
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I don't see anything wrong with it either, but you can try names extremely similar to it, like Antonina, Antonella, or Antoinette (but the latter might get even more criticism), or you can go with these slightly less similar ones:

Aurelia
    Camilla
    Mila
    Marcella
    Junia
    Valentina
    Angelina
    Arianna
    Corinna

I adore Antonia, don't let other people put you off using a name you love for a character. I don't understand why anyone would hate on it at all.

Other similar names if you really can't use it:

Anna
    Anastacia
    Annora
    Anneliese
    Aurelia
    Cordelia
    Morwenna
    Laurel
    Georgina
    Carmel/la
    Gabrielle
    Theodora

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with it either, but you can try names extremely similar to it, like Antonina, Antonella, or Antoinette (but the latter might get even more criticism), or you can go with these slightly less similar ones:

Aurelia
    Camilla
    Mila
    Marcella
    Junia
    Valentina
    Angelina
    Arianna
    Corinna
    The first name that popped to mind was Aurelia as well! I think Aurelia is very pretty and it has the same sort of style that Antonia does. Also, how about Aurora?
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!