Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Patrick without Pat and Betsy without Elizabeth?

Two names I have always loved are Patrick and Betsy. I love love love Patrick in it's entirety and HATE the nickname Pat. Thanks SNL. Can Patrick ever be used without Pat being the inevitable nickname? I think I already know the answer to this question, but an opinion would definitively help me put the final nail in this coffin. *sigh* I also like Elizabeth, but it has already been used by a close relative. However, it's the nickname Betsy that I really adore. Can Betsy be used for any other names? Is it enough of a name to stand alone? So far I haven't seen it used for anything except Elizabeth. I figured if anyone knew an alternative it would be Berries. Thanks!

I used to teach a Betsy and that was her full name. Its quite popular in England along with Betty at the moment. My cousin is Patrick and is a Patrick. Hes 23 and its never been shortened....yet!!

from being a fan of show lost girl there is a patrick on there and he gets called 'trick' < i like that way of shortening the name patrick more than pat xx
    Dani, (U.K Mumma) Love my kids Bailey & Liberty {stepmum to angel Calium 17/4/02-25/06/02} ❤ Future daughter's name will be Kairi Peyton ❤

Faves: (B) Phoenix, Elijah, Zeke, Logan, Vincent, Talon, Castiel, Kye, Auron, Xavier, Orion, Gunner, Aeydn, Roman, Zephyr
    (G) Asharlia/Aschalia, Maddilynn, Ksenia, Genevieve, Isabeau, Talia, Marnie, Wynter, Sofia, Emery/Emmarie, Elyse, Myka, Bonnie, Schyler (nn Chyler)

I have known several Patricks and only one of them ever went by Pat.
    I have a cousin named Betsy, and while she was little it was adorable but now that she is in her early twenties it sounds too little girl to me. She likes it though. (only thing she ever hated was being called Betsy Wetsy)
    Betsy can work for Beatrice.
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

All the Patricks Ive known have not been Pat, although one went by Pack. I like Trick too.
    I know one Betsey. Its always worked perfectly for her!
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*