Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Do you think sibsets ending with the same sound are a problem?

I've been revamping my favorites list, and I've noticed that most of my favorite girl names end in an -a sound. Nora, Joella, Irina, Mara, Mariah, Lyra, etc...
    Obviously I wouldn't use all of them, but do you think three sisters named Irina, Mariah, and Lyra would be iffy?
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

I have the same problem! I love Irisa, Eliora, Luna, Camilla, Aurelia, Arabella, and Amelia. But I think it might get a little obnoxious if all of my kids names ended with an -a sound. I'd try to break it up a little bit with similar names with a different ending.

It depends i guess. I mean, my first 2 have a -n ending but its never bugged me. I do know of families with 3-4 siblings who.have similar endings (all of them are the same gender) and thats a little I know a family with an Owen Ethan, Liam and Carson and all those just mesh together too much for my taste.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

American Midwest
    For me it depends on the number of syllables usually. Even though I wouldn't rule it out, I'd be more cautious about using names with the same end sound if they also have the same number of syllables.
    Top 20
    Rafferty~Leo(Leander)~Tobin~Archie(Archer)~Ike(Mic ah)

Willa(Wilhelmina)~Selah~Lettie(Arletta)~Romy(Rosem ary)~Cora(Coretta)
    Cecelia/Celia~Calla(Calista)~Nola(Magnolia)~Winnie(Winola) ~Maeve
    Rosalie~Maisy~Tilly(Matilda)~Ada(Adelaide)~Junie(J uniper)

formerly chrbaker

It bothers me, but it doesn't seem to bother most people.
    example - a friend of mine has 3 boys and all of their names end in N
    Logan, Dylan, Aaden