Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    Thanks Sessh-- very sweet of you.

I think all parties here have more common ground than otherwise. Flick, for example-- I would say at least 95% of the time I agree with your posts on all things name-related. We have similar taste and similar opinions about the sociocultural ramifications of names, etc. I think your insights are, almost without fail, objectively interesting (not because we're in blind agreement, but because you think about what you say).

There are differing perspectives on the appropriateness of 'calling out' trolls and fakers. Some people believe you should give everyone the benefit of the doubt, because even if they are inventing a story an interesting name discussion often follows. Some agree on coming down hard only if people are making plays for sympathy with outrageous circumstances (faking being raped, faking being hospitalized for an emergency c-section, faking medical calamities). Some want to take a hard line on all fake stories in general, as it cleans up the boards and makes nameberry a more honest, productive place. That would be an interesting discussion to have in a separate thread.
    I really appreciate you saying this, I really do put a lot of thought into what I write most of the time. I wanted to address you personally with an apology and hope that we can just move past this. I'm honestly not someone to hold a grudge or let past things hang around and cloud my judgement - I may have (heh, definitely) been out of line on some of what was written in that thread, I apologize and hope to move forward with a clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    Thanks Sessh-- very sweet of you.

I think all parties here have more common ground than otherwise. Flick, for example-- I would say at least 95% of the time I agree with your posts on all things name-related. We have similar taste and similar opinions about the sociocultural ramifications of names, etc. I think your insights are, almost without fail, objectively interesting (not because we're in blind agreement, but because you think about what you say).

There are differing perspectives on the appropriateness of 'calling out' trolls and fakers. Some people believe you should give everyone the benefit of the doubt, because even if they are inventing a story an interesting name discussion often follows. Some agree on coming down hard only if people are making plays for sympathy with outrageous circumstances (faking being raped, faking being hospitalized for an emergency c-section, faking medical calamities). Some want to take a hard line on all fake stories in general, as it cleans up the boards and makes nameberry a more honest, productive place. That would be an interesting discussion to have in a separate thread.
    Oh and I am perfectly ok with you calling people out most of the time - I have been around naming forums for close to a decade and I would say a good 75% of "pregnancies", especially multiples, are a crock and are usually just bored teens. We are on Spring Break this week (hence my copious amounts of time on nameberry >_>), which means a nice wave of identical triplet girls popping up - happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    I HATE the way that thread went, I think that a lot of what was said on both sides was either misread or the intentions were mistaken - which is partially why I try not to get into things like this, conversing about things like this through text is very difficult, I think we can all agree that a huge part of communication is body language and tone of voice and those big elements are missing, which, I admit, is probably why some of the things she says rubs me the wrong way -and I apologize for that. I know I have been accused MANY times of being rude and nasty when I have not intended to come across that way
    I'm glad to hear you say that, and if I came across like I was getting worked up, I definitely apologize The aforementioned disconnect between the internet and nonverbal communication at work. It just seems like there's been so much snarkiness in the newer threads lately and it was getting to me. I'm also really glad to see you and Blade rediscover your common ground! My favorite thing about this community is how positive it usually is compared to most of the other forums (cough*Yahoo Answers*cough). I hope that never changes!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I have to say that Pam and I are completely taken aback by these personality bonfires that are erupting on our site--rudeness, condescension, sniping, snapping, name-calling--they don't have any place here and we aren't going to tolerate it. From the start, we have prided ourselves on the spirit of civility, cooperation, sharing and general good will intrinsic to Nameberry, and we want it to continue that way, so please refrain from these kinds of nasty, hurtful exchanges!!!

I know I probably don't really matter too much but anyway:

I read that thread and there were some calling from both sides but we are on the net and things can be taken the wrong way and sarcasm isn't easily detected. The thing I love about Nameberry is there isn't much nastiness and even on names unlike some sites like behind the name. Please don't let that change.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com