Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I also wanted to add that if you are looking to a name site for factual information, then you may be in the wrong place. Even the authors of this site do not cite their information and basically present the names on a basis of opinion rather than fact. There are other sites that are more fact based in etymology and such that you should try looking to for information.

As for opinions stated as facts on the boards - take it at face value and if you don't buy it then move on and don't worry about it. This is not the place to get your panties in a bunch over if someone isn't able (or willing to go through the trouble of) proving every tiny claim they make. If this were an actual forum BASED on debate and discussion, I could see your point, but it's not. It's a name site for people who have an interest in names and pregnant women to ask for opinions on what to name their babies.

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    As for opinions stated as facts on the boards - take it at face value and if you don't buy it then move on and don't worry about it. This is not the place to get your panties in a bunch over if someone isn't able (or willing to go through the trouble of) proving every tiny claim they make. If this were an actual forum BASED on debate and discussion, I could see your point, but it's not. It's a name site for people who have an interest in names and pregnant women to ask for opinions on what to name their babies.
    I meant to reply yesterday but never got around to doing so. This was my thought as well.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    I meant to reply yesterday but never got around to doing so. This was my thought as well.
    I mean, I get that I'm a random person on the internet and my claims can seem unreasonable to some people - but I'm not going way out of my way to prove myself, I just don't care all that much. I refuse to link random internet articles and in order to post links to the journals containing some of this information, it would require me to post a personal password (not to mention all the time tracking down the articles, many of which I cited 4+ years ago) - just not going to happen. On top of that, I did not keep or have access to every paper I have written, unfortunately. Its the internet - take what you read with a grain of salt and come to your own conclusions.

I wish that people would just stop posting threads they KNOW will be controversial.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    Seeing as this is likely directed at me...
    Flick, I am sorry if you thought this was directed at you. It was not intended. Yes, I did post it after requesting a citation/source from you but, it was really meant as a general thought/plea/rant thing and not in anyway intended as a personal attack against a single person. That's not my style. I sincerely apologize that you perceived it to be aimed at you.

You are right NB is an opinion site, and I do look other places for more supported information.
    I guess I just wish that we argued less and shared resources more. I figured this could be one way to be less personal on controversial topics and simultaneously be helpful to others. But your right, I am probably am asking for too much for an opinion site.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)