Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    It's one of my worst pet peeves. All of my kids will have different first initials. That way, we can mark school lunches or water bottles or bedroom doors with just one letter. I JUST DISLIKE IT STRONGLY, OKAY.

I think if it's 2 siblings I probably wouldn't notice, unless the parents share that initial as well. If it's 3+ children with the same first initial it sticks out as a definite decision made by the parents and it does strike me as cheesy. I think I would avoid it. I happen to love L names and I have 1 kid with an L name, I want a 2nd kid and my favorites are L names but I am avoiding it on the off chance that we go for a 3rd child. I wouldn't want to break the pattern & make kid #3 feel like an outcast...but I wouldn't want to be the L family either!!

I try to avoid gimmicky name combos, cheesy names, silly names...

I don't have a problem with same first initials as long as the names are not matchy/sound the same as well! Two kids with the same initial isnt bad at all but it does get a little weird the more kids you have. And if you decide to switch it up, it can leave a child feeling left out. My parents have 4 kids, 3 of which start with an S. Poor Christopher feels left out!

I don't mind siblings having the same first initial when they all have the same first initial. I'd find it odd to have
    Ella, Eliot and Genevieve. I also wouldn't mind if kids 2 had matching first initials as long as you don't end up with one kid as the odd one out. So I'd probably never give two E names to my first two kids maybe #1 and #4 instead.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

It's not my thing personally, but I know a lot of people who do it and I think it's fine. I have cousins whose names all start with S: Summer, Samantha, Stephanie, Sydney (names spelled differently for privacy)

I also have nieces named Nora and Nina, funny thing is their cousin/my nephew is named Noah, so basically N names are out for us since we don't want to be a part of that mess!
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables