Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Is it really an option?

I was searching for musically-related names and came across Mandolin on Nameberry. Is that really an option? It sounds pretty, but I don't know... what do you think? It doesn't seem like something that could work in real life.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

Never heard of it, but I guess she could always just go by Mandy if she hated having an unusual name.

I think it would work because it isn't extremely outrages. Naming your daughter Mandolin is much different than naming your daughter Saxophone or Trumpet. Also, Mandolin kind of sounds like Madalyn. I like it.
    Alexis Rene
    15 year old name addict
    reading, writing, coffee

I know a Mandolyn, and I always thought it was weird. But I suppose if boys can be named Banjo...

I don't care for it at all. The "man" part of the name makes it sound masculine. I find it cheesy unless you are or your hubby actually play the mandolin. If you are just looking for a music related name, there are so many better ones out there.
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf