Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Last Name

Glad could be of help!! XXX
    Dani mum to My little dude Bailey & my little minx Liberty
    ↓ Future names ↓
    K.P.T
    Phoenix, Elijah, Zeke, Logan

Quote Originally Posted by mutualweirdness View Post
    I adore Reid and Stone! Wilson is up there too! I considered the name Steele for a little but Stone flows better. Thank you all for the the suggestions!
    Will you be posting this story you have created i am intrigued to know what ti will all be about x
    Dani mum to My little dude Bailey & my little minx Liberty
    ↓ Future names ↓
    K.P.T
    Phoenix, Elijah, Zeke, Logan

Bailibsmum: I'm not even close to being finished but I will try and post parts of it that I do have. I'm in the process of making a grand plan of characters and countries. As it's set in the future, there is a lot of aspects I have to create. I'll try to update you if I do.

Ooooh, do you post it on a website like Fictionpress or Figment? I'd totally read it.

Stone would be really cool; how about:

Worth
    Glass
    Blythe
    Red

And I know how annoying it is when people critique decided names, but why replace the i with a y? Phoenix and Nix sound exactly the same, plus 'Nix' has that added meaning of 'negate' to it. It's also a personal pet peeve of mine, I've never understood this obsession with the letter y...

Quote Originally Posted by celianne View Post
    Ooooh, do you post it on a website like Fictionpress or Figment? I'd totally read it.

Stone would be really cool; how about:

Worth
    Glass
    Blythe
    Red

And I know how annoying it is when people critique decided names, but why replace the i with a y? Phoenix and Nix sound exactly the same, plus 'Nix' has that added meaning of 'negate' to it. It's also a personal pet peeve of mine, I've never understood this obsession with the letter y...
    I replaced the i with an y because it is a reference to the Greek goddess/personification of night. I did it mainly for symbolism and also because I feel it makes the name seem more feminine than Phoenix because Nyx (the deity) was normally portrayed as female. Phoenyx cross dresses often because she has numerous scars covering her body. For where she lives, it's easier to be a scarred boy than a girl. In "my future" Phoenix/Phoenyx is a predominately male name so she goes mostly by Nyx when not cross dressing.