Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Names that have suprisingly grown on you.

Are there any names that have grown on you? Ones that you never expected to like? Did you give your children a name that you previously disliked or felt neutral about, but ended up loving?

I was just thinking about the name Eleanor, and I realized that it has grown on me. Same with Adelaide and Phoebe. My son's name started off like that as well. I felt very neutral in regards to Luther, but ended up loving it.
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

All my children have names that years before their birth I was eithervnot a fan of, or neutral about. Naming with another person makes you look of your own personal "beaten path" too. I tend to prefer strong names for girls and lighter names for boys but as you can tell I didnt follow that with each name of my own children. I was once a huge nature name fan (late teen, early 20's) but didnt really go for those as much as I once thought I would.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

Most of my most recent crushes have crept up on me without me knowing - having always hated Alistair and Elspeth, their Scottish charm worked it magic on me, I suppose. Margaret as well - I used to think it quite bland but I'm beginning to wonder if it might come back onto the list...Eleanor I love though. (I love the names in your signature as well - especially those of your children!)

I'll be checking back on this thread to see what others have said...

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

I've been falling gradually and unexpectedly in love with Aviva and Sunday recently. Neither was more than a blip on my radar this time last month. And nameberry has made me very fond of Beatrix, which I never liked before.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I now love Margaret, Jane, Edie, Pearl, Imogen, Agnes, and Clara—all of which I hated before. Thanks to Nameberry for showing me how to love these gorgeous names!
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!